By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mega Drive (the original model) goes back into production in Brazil.

Tagged games:

Mega Drive (the original model) goes back into production in Brazil.

WTF 29 29.29%

What? 14 14.14%

Cool. 18 18.18%

Very cool. 29 29.29%

Don´t care. 8 8.08%

Total:98

Crazy crazy crazy news.

The Sega Mega Drive (the original model) goes back into production in Brazil.

Not a remix, not a HDMI capable emulator, NO

The same AV input and all original Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) is back to the brazilian market, by the Brazil based Tec Toy.

The console is the same once sold by SEGA, which allowed the re-release and comes with 22 games in a special SD card. Tec Toy will not release cartridges, althought the console has a capable cartridge slot.

Also, the console has a SD slot in it...

Games included:

1. ALEX KIDD
  2. ALIEN STORM
  3. ALTERED BEAST
  4. ARROW FLASH
  5. BONANZA BROTHERS
  6. COLUMNS
  7. DECAP ATTACK
  8. E-SWAT
  9. FATAL LABYRINTH
  10. FLICKY
  11. GAIN GROUND
  12. GOLDEN AXE
  13. GOLDEN AXE 3
  14. JEWEL MASTER
  15. KID CHAMELEON
  16. LAST BATTLE
  17. OUT RUNNERS
  18. SEGA SOCCER
  19. SHADOW DANCER
  20. SHINOBI 3
  21. SONIC 3
  22. TURBO OUTRUN
  23. http://www.tectoy.com.br/pre-venda-mega-drive-edicao-limitada/p/995040461825
  24. FAQ: http://institucional.tectoy.com.br/faqmd.aspx

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Yup, going on for some time already.
Kinda pushing that price, you can easily get two used PS2s for R$400,00

It probably can run ROMs, but the lack of HDMI is kinda dumb. They should have made it like the NES mini

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
BraLoD said:
Yup, going on for some time already.
Kinda pushing that price, you can easily get two used PS2s for R$400,00

It probably can run ROMs, but the lack of HDMI is kinda dumb. They should have made it like the NES mini

well at least it runs original cartridges 

That's crazy, crazy, crazy. Pretty cool though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

BasilZero said:

From what I understand, getting new consoles at a resonable price is borderline impossible over there. They still play the Sega Master System over there and it still sells fairly well for the time period. I don't know the exact specifics why but this is the jist of it. 

Around the Network

iirc, Sega Master System is still commercially relevant in Brazil as well.

Sega is pretty crazy, I swear.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ljink96 said:
BasilZero said:

From what I understand, getting new consoles at a resonable price is borderline impossible over there. They still play the Sega Master System over there and it still sells fairly well for the time period. I don't know the exact specifics why but this is the jist of it. 

I know some people that used to play it some time ago, but only for nostalgia. Most gamers here just have either a PS3 or an Xbox 360 (Nintendo is virtually dead), but recently I think PS4 and XB1 are starting to take over as most stores and sites focus basically only on them (with other consoles having tiny or secondary sections).

But yeah, you are right about prices, althought things are getting better as you can (officially) find a PS4 for less than $500 (I know, it's still bad, but compared to launch, when it was like $1500, it's much better).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Ljink96 said:

I know some people that used to play it some time ago, but only for nostalgia. Most gamers here just have either a PS3 or an Xbox 360 (Nintendo is virtually dead), but recently I think PS4 and XB1 are starting to take over as most stores and sites focus basically only on them (with other consoles having tiny or secondary sections).

But yeah, you are right about prices, althought things are getting better as you can (officially) find a PS4 for less than $500 (I know, it's still bad, but compared to launch, when it was like $1500, it's much better).

Man, that sucks. How is that still a thing over there? I don't know much about how trade/goods work in Brazil. But 1500 at launch!? Yeah, I'd be playing Golden Axe or something for sure. 

I mean the Master System is still selling there. So sure why not.

SegataSanshiro said:
I mean the Master System is still selling there. So sure why not.

The Master System we have here has 122 games and a 6 buttons controler, pretty weird.