By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's talk about the new God of War

Tagged games:

I think that they seem to be taking steps back from making Kratos into a boring blob or rage which is a very good thing. Other than that, I don't think what we saw was really representative but it looked good (better than GoW has in a long time)

Around the Network

I think this is the best step SSM could have taken with the franchise after Asscention revealed how stale GoW had become. A fresh start with a new pantheon and gameplay is just what the doctor ordered.

Personally I'm looking forward to learning how Kratos got to this point more than anything. Combat looks good so far, can't wait to see what the Norse pantheon looks like.

this GoW is basically a new IP it is so different (if the mario fans can categorize like that then clearly i can too).

i'm down for it. could go badly but from what i saw yesterday i think it is just different. some may hate the change. some may start liking GoW because of the change. i think i will enjoy both flavors here,.. but having seen this reveal i think i'm going to pick up GoW 3 to have some good old traditional hack and slash on my ps4.

A reinvented God Of War. Now with more walking, more talking, more babysitting.
Sounds pretty lame to me.

If it is more like GoW1 than GoW3 it's already a gigantic win. I really don't like the 3rd person view but who knows, maybe it'll be good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Made me interested in GOW again.

Kratos is cold and logical, not emotional? Seems legit.

BraLoD said:
Teeqoz said:
Kratos is cold and logical, not emotional? Seems legit.

As a warrior, yes.

Rage is an emotion.

BraLoD said:
Teeqoz said:

Rage is an emotion.

He had a damn good reason to have rage, he wasn't a warrior there anymore, he was a father.
Kratos is cold, merciless, focused on his objectives, doesn't care about the means, the consequences, etc.
As a warrior Kratos is very disciplined and emontionless.

He uses his rage when he fights all the time :-O

He's merciless and he doesn't care about consequences or means and methods, but he's still emotional.

Being emotional is not the same as being sensitive and empathic.

Was it made by Team Ninja? If so, I hate it. If not, I love it. Felt like The Last of Us starring Kratos.