By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Grandia II Steam Version Just Released

Tagged games:

Ace Public Service Announcement

Grandia II just released, and if you haven't played this gem, you really should.

Link to the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/330390/

I own the game on the PS2, that it was of my favorite games of that generation. (Tales of Symphonia, and Suikoden 3 being other titles I loved). 

Also I love this trend that JRPGs are on the PC.

Around the Network

They put a hard mode into this version. If it released on PS4, I'd replay it in a heartbeat.

Any improvements on the original PC release?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm about 10 hours into Trails of the Sky on Steam and I'm not really feeling it. Would you say that this game is a better JRPG then Trails?

shakarak said:
I'm about 10 hours into Trails of the Sky on Steam and I'm not really feeling it. Would you say that this game is a better JRPG then Trails?

Grandia 2 is a classic. Its a Universally loved kind of classic. Get it.

Around the Network
shakarak said:

Grandia 2 arguably is the best combination of gameplay and story. The gameplay of Grandia really is unmatched in my eyes, but combine that with a good story, and you get a winner. 

Lets hope this means the beggining of the return of the series.

shakarak said:

It's very, very different. Trails is almost a light SRPG, with the world and NPCs being the biggest attraction of the game. Grandia II is heavily character based (the world and plot are both fairly perfuncatory), and the battle system is a turn-based game with the twist of being able to delay or cancel enemy attacks using your characters' skills. You're often reacting to foes, which does help make battles a bit more varied than most RPGs.

I would say the two appeal to different crowds, so it's hard to say from this alone whether you'd like it. I enjoyed Grandia II when I played it on the Dreamcast, but I also thought Trails was a fine (not great) RPG, so make of that what you will.

Wish i had the time to play a jrpg... * Buys the game to put into his list of untouched steam games*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

shakarak said:

I prefered Grandia (1&2) a lot over Trails. The gameplay's just more engaging and the characters are better.