By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have You Made Any Gaming Inspired Art?

Tagged games:

So a few weeks ago I got together with some family and we had a "paint day". Just grab a canvas and some paint and go to town (Whether you consider yourself an artist or not, I highly recommend them ).

Well, the game that has really impacted me this year has been Child of Light, with its solid JRPG-esque gameplay, elegant story (everything rhymes!), and a sublime soundtrack and art style. So I was inspired through that to start painting, especially so through the song titled "Pilgrims on a Long Journey". When I finished I came up with this, and I just wanted to share it with you all. ^_^

So, do any of you have any game inspired art? Whether it be pencil, paint, photography, or even film and music, share your creations with the rest of us. :D

Around the Network

No creative types then?

Bummer.

Wish I took more time to paint and had better supplies. I paint sometimes, but ive never tried my hand at gaming related stuff.

Oh and nice picture by the way. That mountain in the background looks like the paramount logo one

theprof00 said:
Wish I took more time to paint and had better supplies. I paint sometimes, but ive never tried my hand at gaming related stuff.

Yeah, I hear ya.

Looking back and going forward, I'd like to be more intentional about spending time just creating something, whether it be on paper, canvas, or any other type of medium.

It was really refreshing to just paint, and use it as an extention of myself. I'm pretty happy with how that translated to the canvas. :)

Soon... Mafia will be upon us...

Around the Network

This was a long time ago, but I tried to recreate some Uncharted character concept art:

left = real

right = my recreation

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I think most of my stuff is anime related, but heres a 10min sketch of Curly Brace I did a while ago...

That's amazing JOKA_!

What did you use to create that?

@Sundin

Cave Story has some great art, and Curly Brace is awesome.

I made a drawing of Samus on Miiverse using the Art Acadamy thing. It's great.

Smeags said:

That's amazing JOKA_!

What did you use to create that?

@Sundin

Cave Story has some great art, and Curly Brace is awesome.

That is digital, so it was either Photoshop or GIMP...I can't remember...

Gosh this thread is making me want to start doing that again

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League