By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Game Database Issues - List them

Tagged games:

Hey I've been recently appointed Game Database Admin. Right now I know how to update a games release date, but I'm still trying to figure out how to change the boxart and title, and add games. Hopefully I figure it out soon, so I can make Fire Emblem Awakening.....Fire Emblem Awakening instead of Kakusei.

Let me know, either by message or posting in this thread any issues you have with the database so I can update it.

EDIT: ....... I can only add release dates. ioi said that he's working on fixing the issues with the website responsible for addind box art, changing the name in the db and fixing it so we can add it to our collections.

So, I can't do too much. When these admit abilities get restored, I will fix the problems asap. For now I'll just make a list.

Games which have issues:

Assassin's Creed, and old games in larger franchises (Can't add them because list won't scroll down)
Fire Emblem Awakening (Name)
Forza Horizons
Halo 4
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Black/White 2

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

1.) It can be very hard to add an older game of a series (the first game is by all means impossible to add AFAIK) since the GameDB shows the latest entries of a series first and won't let you scroll through the results.

2.) I'd guess about 70-80% of the time your search vanishes if you enter too much of the game name, the results pretty much always vanish if you're not fast enough with adding the game (I'd guess after about 5 seconds)

3.) Pretty much identical with 1.) - You can't seem to see search results in list form.

Please add Panzer Dragoon Saga. The best RPG of all time!

Data:

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Japanese title: Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG

Console: Sega Saturn

Release Dates:     

JP January 29, 1998
    NA April 30, 1998
    PAL 1998

Box Art:

And while your at it I'd really love to see all the Sega Saturn classics get added.

BasilZero said:
Oh wow congratulations!

Anyways, Pokemon White 2 doesnt have a boxart D:

Assassin's Creed (PC) doesnt show up D:

Assassin's Creed (PC) shows up on my screen, what browser are you using?

KHlover said:
1.) It can be very hard to add an older game of a series (the first game is by all means impossible to add AFAIK) since the GameDB shows the latest entries of a series first and won't let you scroll through the results. 

2.) I'd guess about 70-80% of the time your search vanishes if you enter too much of the game name, the results pretty much always vanish if you're not fast enough with adding the game (I'd guess after about 5 seconds)

3.) Pretty much identical with 1.) - You can't seem to see search results in list form.

What does AFAIK mean? the db doesn't let you scroll down? OH I get it now, yea try to be more specific. Sometimes games in the database are named unusually, like Pokemon Conquest is Pokemon + No____. Currently I'm waiting on ioi to fix the issue which prevents me from changing a games name. However I say look up the game in the VGC database for the exact name, and then type it out when you want to add the game

What games are you specifically having issues with?

2) That I can't fix, that's something with the programing of the website

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

kain_kusanagi said:

Data:

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Release Dates:     

JP January 29, 1998
    NA April 30, 1998
    PAL 1998

Box Art:

And while your at it I'd really love to see all the Sega Saturn classics get added.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is in the DB, with accurate Box-Art and release dates, and can be added to your collection.

LOL, this is exactly the type of info I want though, but right now I can only change release dates, ioi is working on the other issues.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Data:

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Release Dates:     

JP January 29, 1998
    NA April 30, 1998
    PAL 1998

Box Art:

Panzer Dragoon Saga is in the DB, with accurate Box-Art and release dates, and can be added to your collection.

LOL, this is exactly the type of info I want though, but right now I can only change release dates, ioi is working on the other issues.

It is! Thanks for the heads up.

...Goes off to add to VGC Game Collection.

Michael-5 said:
BasilZero said:
Oh wow congratulations!

Anyways, Pokemon White 2 doesnt have a boxart D:

Assassin's Creed (PC) doesnt show up D:

Assassin's Creed (PC) shows up on my screen, what browser are you using?

KHlover said:

What does AFAIK mean? the db doesn't let you scroll down? OH I get it now, yea try to be more specific. Sometimes games in the database are named unusually, like Pokemon Conquest is Pokemon + No____. Currently I'm waiting on ioi to fix the issue which prevents me from changing a games name. However I say look up the game in the VGC database for the exact name, and then type it out when you want to add the game

What games are you specifically having issues with?

2) That I can't fix, that's something with the programing of the website

AFAIK - as far as I know

Assassin's Creed 1 would be a good example. With 5 "main" games in the series on three platforms each and the games for the PSP and NDS it just doesn't show up. Same issue with CoD 1 and pretty much every unnumbered first game of a bigger series.

Halo 4 can only be added to the wish list and not the games collection. It must be a release date issue. I also can't find Halo 1 and 2 for the OG Xbox.

KHlover said:

AFAIK - as far as I know

Assassin's Creed 1 would be a good example. With 5 "main" games in the series on three platforms each and the games for the PSP and NDS it just doesn't show up. Same issue with CoD 1 and pretty much every unnumbered first game of a bigger series.

I see what you mean, I'll bring this up with ioi, the website needs some work.

BasilZero said:
Cant quote but I am looking for "Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut"

and am using Google Chrome and Mozilla Fire Fox :O

(Doesnt work on Safari either via my iphone).

Is that a different game from Assassin's Creed (PC) or just a proper name?

kain_kusanagi said:

Halo 4 can only be added to the wish list and not the games collection. It must be a release date issue. I also can't find Halo 1 and 2 for the OG Xbox.

These are actually the issues I want to fix and the reason why I became game DB admin. ioi is working on restoring Admin controls back to VGC, I don't know when/how they got messed up.

When ioi upgrades the capabilities of Game DB Admins to former levels, then I will add games like Halo 4, Pokemon Conquest, Forza Horizon, and Pokemon Black/White 2 so we can add them to our collections.

Add new games.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector