Forums - Sony Discussion - So I just finished Uncharted 3... [spoilers]

Tagged games:

Did you like the ending?

Yes 34 45.95%

It was okay 25 33.78%

No 12 16.22%

See results 3 4.05%

Total:74

And I thought that ending was really pretty pathetic.

For one thing, there was nothing resembling a final boss fight. The escape when everything was collapsing was a nice touch, but there was no challenge at all before that. Even the weird supernatural enemies that show up in every Uncharted game were pretty pathetic compared to the monsters from Uncharted 1 or those people who had taken resin in Uncharted 2. The final segment, where you had to fire the rocket, was a cutscene when it could have and should have been gameplay. Marlowe was killed by quicksand of all things. It is never explained how Talbot survived being shot by Cutter without a scratch.

It was a great game on the whole, and I really liked the story, but that ending...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Pretty much every Uncharted endings were weak imo at least gameplay-wise.

The fact that they bring out "That unexplained thing" out of the water, and then it sinks again, and then everything collapses, the bad guys "Die" and then they just run away at the horizon and the game just ends like that , Uncharted 3 is retarded, in so many ways, not just the ending, but also the flat characters (compared to U1/U2) , there is so many plot holes and stuff that happens without any rhyme or reason, I've said it a billion times it was rushed.

I thought the supernatural elements in UC3 were better than in 1/2. The supernatural shit just seemed so out of place to me in the first 2, but in 3 none of it was actually real, drake was hallucinating, so it made sense. As for Talbot... yeah it's never really explained, nor was Drake and Elena's relationship, but I really think this was done on purpose. It's a setup for later plans in the main series or an untold story the handheld version can tell without getting ahead of the console series.

I don't have any issues with the uncharted series, they are all great games.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i agree, unchated 4 was nothing like uncharted2 or 1 , and so little gameplay inthe game ...

Yes, so little gameplay in Uncharted 4. So little that I don't even feel like I ever played that game.

;P

to me the boss fight in uncharted 2 was a lot harder than uncharted 3. almost as tough as Radec from killzone 2.

but I was still pleased with the overall game lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

i think thats the point, there wasnt ment to be a boss fight. uncharted 2's boss fight was heavily criticized and overall boss fights dont fit in in the uncharted series and uncharted gameplay so they just scraped the hole thing from the game. i played the game when it launched so i dont remember the rocket part so i cant comment on that.

I have bought, played and still own all 3 Uncharted games, I think they're so overrated. All of them have terrible endings, Uncharted 3 was especially bad though, in fact the entire game felt so rushed and the gameplay somehow took a step back from Uncharted 2 thanks to the awful shooting mechanics and having total control taken away from the player far to often. Uncharted 3 deserves no more than 7/10. The first game had the best story out of the lot but lacked in most other areas so that deserves 7.5/10. Uncharted 2 was the most balanced out of the lot, it did a lot well but still had lots of problems that were bizarrely overlooked, that game deserves 8.5/10.

I hope Naughty Dog stops making Uncharted games, if Sony want to continue the franchise they should hand it to another developer and return to being creative again, lets face it they're not hard games to make due to the lack of gameplay in the games and focus on set-pieces and visuals, any developer could do as good or better a job. I want Jak 4 or a new IP based in a fantasy setting, enough of bland realism and shooters.

Great game was living up to Uncharted 2 until the ending, agreed. Still an awesome experience there was quite a few times my jaw dropped from what just happened on that TV screen.

Uncharted 2 was by far the best, but that's not to say Uncharted 3 wasn't a damn good game.