By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Type-0 nearly finished

Tagged games:

PlayStation Portable Final Fantasy spin-off Type-0 is nearly finished, Square Enix has said.

Director Hajime Tabata said in a post on the game' development blog (translated by Andriasang), that all that's left to do is tune and debug.

The game has been in development for a whopping three-and-a-half years – ever since Square Enix made the decision to move the game from mobile phones to the PSP.

But Tabata defended the development process, saying the creation of PSP game The 3rd Birthday soaked up much of the team's attention for about a year of that time.

And gamers shouldn't worry, he added. The lengthy development time means the team has polished the game and filled it with content.

Earlier this month Tabata said the game would launch in Japan in the autumn, blaming the delay on the PlayStation Network hack of April.

Final Fantasy Type-0 was once called Final Fantasy Agito XIII, and is one of a number of games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series of Final Fantasy titles.

It is so big it will ship on two UMDs – the first PSP game to do so. Creator Square Enix is "looking into the possibility" of a download version of the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-15-final-fantasy-type-0-nearly-finished

Now SE port it to vita and bring it to the west :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I can't wait to get this game, but two UMDs? :O

I can't wait. But my biggest problem is should it be a UMD or PSN buy? :(

kurasakiichimaru said:
I can't wait. But my biggest problem is should it be a UMD or PSN buy? :(

For a moment you don't have problem as it's impossible to put 2 umd game on PSN ;)

Only if they find solution to this they will release PSN version.

One of LoH games suffered from it too.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:

Now SE port it to vita and bring it to the west :)

Let's hope they're smart enough to do it, PSP can't sell software in the west anymore, and this game needs the second analog stick

Vita is backwards-compatibilitys with downloadable PSP games , hopefully we'll get a PSN version at least.

Around the Network

The wait for Type-0 wasn't too bad to be honest. This is probably because many people thought it wouldn't see the light of day in the west, due to it being a cell phone game.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Please port it to Vita or 3DS or it will die in West.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

nice hope it comes to vita.

pretty sure it's not the first game to use 2 UMDs

and yea as those above said bring to Vita

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I'll only get it if I can play it on the Vita.

4 ≈ One