By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Valve: We're on Track to Ship the Steam Deck on Time in February

Valve: We're on Track to Ship the Steam Deck on Time in February - News

Valve in November 2021 announced the launch of the Steam Deck has been delayed by two months to February 2022 due to the global supply chain issues. Valve designer Greg Coomer in an interview in December said the team is optimistic the Steam Deck will hit its February 2022 release.

Valve in a "Steam Deck - January Update" post on Steam reiterated the company is on track to ship the Steam Deck next month.

"First and foremost, we’re on track to ship Steam Deck on time," reads the update post. "Global pandemic, supply issues, and shipping issues notwithstanding, it looks like we'll be able to start getting these out the door by the end of February."

Valve: We're on Track to Ship the Steam Deck on Time in February

Valve added, "In parallel, work and testing for the Steam Deck Verified program has been underway. You’ll soon be able to see Deck Verified status for a growing set of Steam games. We’re checking four major categories: input, seamlessness, display, and system support."

"It’s also important that we give developers the ability to test their games in order to get that nice green Verified check, so we’ve been sending developer kits out in quantity. We've been approving another wave of dev kits, and hundreds have been shipped out in the last month (and we're continuing to approve and send out even more). Thanks for your patience devs!"

VAMatt (2 days ago)

From that statement, it sounds like a few might ship in February.

KLAMarine VAMatt (2 days ago)

You got one coming next month?

VAMatt KLAMarine (1 day ago)

Nope. I'll probably get one, but I'm going to wait until I hear some user reviews.

zero129 (2 days ago)

For me this is latterly going to be the ultimate handheld device. Its the Xbox Portable, the PSP next and Switch Pro all in one.

KLAMarine (2 days ago)

rubbing palms Switch could use more competition. This thing looks great!

This wont be competing with the Switch, this will be competing with the PS5 and XSX. Because they all house similar libraries. Switch will always sell because of Nintendo's 1st party titles. The fact you can play Xbox and PS titles on it pushes more customer decisions.

TheTitaniumNub (1 day ago)

I had one preordered, but I canceled it. I'll just wait until I see reviews and honestly, me personally, I don't care about handheld gaming anyways, so the whole thing just may be a dud for me. Hell, I've had my Switch since launch, I've used it in handheld mode TWICE.

Random_Matt (2 days ago)

Nice, although wondering if I want one now since building a beefy rig.

Chicho Random_Matt (2 days ago)

Can't take a beefy rig and play on the train/bus. Steam deck appeals to those who want to play on the go. If you don't need the portability then you don't want one. If you want to take it with you and play anywhere then you do. That's the appeal.

mjk45 Chicho (2 days ago)

Exactly at the end of the day it's another choice and avenue for doing what we love.