Animal Crossing: New Horizons And Ring Fit Adventure Top the Japanese Charts - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 21 May 2020 / 2,493 Views
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) has remained at the top spot on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 129,659 units, according to Famitsu for the week ending May 17.
Ring Fit Adventure (NS) was the second best-selling game with sales of 21,963 units. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) is in third place with sales of 11,229 units.
Eight of the top 10 games are for the Nintendo Switch and two are for the PlayStation 4.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 38,380 units sold. The PlayStation 4 sold 6,241 units, the 3DS sold 1,028 units, and the Xbox One sold 32 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 129,659 (4,480,117)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 21,963 (905,295)
- [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix, 04/10/20) – 11,229 (908,337)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,286 (2,946,455)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 8,079 (3,417,239)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 7,216 (3,697,918)
- [NSW] Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo, 12/27/19) – 6,588 (229,057)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 6,063 (1,387,002)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X All In One Package Version 1-5 (Square Enix, 05/14/20) – 5,657 (New)
- [PS4] Trials of Mana (Square Enix, 04/24/20) – 5,467 (122,753)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.