By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Moved Up to First on UK Charts

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Moved Up to First on UK Charts - Sales

by William D'Angelo , posted on 28 April 2020 / 2,808 Views

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) has retaken the top spot on the UK charts, according to GfK for the week ending April 25, 2020. Sales for the game increased 55 percent week-on-week. 

FIFA 20 drops to second place, as sales decrease just one percent. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare remains in third place.

Ring Fit Adventure (NS) with better stock has jumped up from 10th to fourth on the charts as sales increased 95 percent week-on-week. the game is now sold out once again.

The only new title is Trials of Mana, which debuted in 16th place. 61 percent of the sales were on the Nintendo Switch, while the remaining 39 percent were on the PlayStation 4.

Overall physical boxed game sales last week were only 200,000 last week in the UK. This is still above the 150,000 sold before the lockdown was declared. 

Here are the top 10 best-selling titles:

  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  2. FIFA 20
  3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  4. Ring Fit Adventure
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  8. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  9. Luigi's Mansion 3
  10. Red Dead Redemption 2

A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at wdangelo@vgchartz.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.


More Articles

6 Comments
khotboat (on 28 April 2020)

gta v still in the top 10. Insane

  • +3
Zyphe (on 29 April 2020)

ACNH Resurgence.

  • 0
YanisFromFrance (on 28 April 2020)

Animal Crossing is a huge succes

  • 0
UnderwaterFunktown (on 28 April 2020)

Really seems like both AC and Ring Fit are being sold as quickly as they can ship them currently.

  • 0
Blood_Tears (on 28 April 2020)

Being that boxed sales are down in the UK and digital attach rate and install base being so high on PS4 I am assuming Trials of Mana outperformed it on Switch.

  • 0
LatiosGames (on 28 April 2020)

a decent amount of switch games in the top ten

  • 0