Animal Crossing: New Horizons Retakes Top Spot on Japanese Charts - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 23 April 2020 / 4,081 Views
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) has retaken the top spot on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 286,586, according to Famitsu for the week ending April 19.
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) after debuting in first last week dropped to second place with sales of 70,652 units.
Seven of the top 10 games are for the Nintendo Switch and three are for the PlayStation 4.
The PlayStation 4 was the best-selling platform with 34,500 units sold. The Nintendo Switch sold 27,874 units, the 3DS sold 1,571 units, and the Xbox One sold 53 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 286,586 (3,611,246)
- [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix, 04/10/20) – 70,652 (773,505)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,313 (2,882,585)
- [PS4] Resident Evil 3 (Z Version Included) (Capcom, 04/03/20) – 12,247 (236,435)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 9,034 (3,655,868)
- [PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Bandai Namco, 03/26/20) – 8,682 (116,217)
- [NSW] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Bandai Namco, 03/26/20) – 8,080 (98,912)
- [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo, 10/05/18) – 8,005 (1,406,903)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 7,915 (3,570,493)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 7,154 (1,356,230)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.