The Witcher Netflix Series Helped Boost Witcher 3 Sales 554% YoY in the US - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 05 March 2020 / 2,505 Views
The Witcher Netflix series has been hugely popular and has helped boost the popularity of the books and games. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt set a new record with a new peak of over 100,000 concurrent players on Steam. The game released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on May 19, 2015, and for the Nintendo Switch on October 15, 2019.
NPD Group revealed sales for the game were 554 percent higher in December 2019 than they were in December 2018. Even if you don't include the October 2019 release Nintendo Switch port, sales were still up 63 percent year-over-year.
Revenue for The Witcher books also saw a boost with physical book revenue increasing 562 percent during the first weeks after the premiere of the Netflix series, when compared to the same period in 2018.
Here is an overview of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a story-driven open world RPG set in a visually stunning fantasy universe full of meaningful choices and impactful consequences. In The Witcher, you play as professional monster hunter Geralt of Rivia tasked with finding a child of prophecy in a vast open world rich with merchant cities, pirate islands, dangerous mountain passes, and forgotten caverns to explore.
PLAY AS A HIGHLY TRAINED MONSTER SLAYER FOR HIRE
Trained from early childhood and mutated to gain superhuman skills, strength and reflexes, witchers are a counterbalance to the monster-infested world in which they live.
- Gruesomely destroy foes as a professional monster hunter armed with a range of upgradeable weapons, mutating potions and combat magic.
- Hunt down a wide range of exotic monsters — from savage beasts prowling the mountain passes, to cunning supernatural predators lurking in the shadows of densely populated towns.
- Invest your rewards to upgrade your weaponry and buy custom armour, or spend them away in horse races, card games, fist fighting, and other pleasures the night brings.
EXPLORE A MORALLY INDIFFERENT FANTASY OPEN WORLD
Built for endless adventure, the massive open world of The Witcher sets new standards in terms of size, depth and complexity.
- Traverse a fantastical open world: explore forgotten ruins, caves and shipwrecks, trade with merchants and dwarven smiths in cities, and hunt across the open plains, mountains and seas.
- Deal with treasonous generals, devious witches and corrupt royalty to provide dark and dangerous services.
- Make choices that go beyond good & evil, and face their far-reaching consequences.
CHASE DOWN THE CHILD OF PROPHECY
Take on the most important contract to track down the child of prophecy, a key to save or destroy this world.
- In times of war, chase down the child of prophecy, a living weapon foretold by ancient elven legends.
- Struggle against ferocious rulers, spirits of the wilds and even a threat from beyond the veil – all hell-bent on controlling this world.
- Define your destiny in a world that may not be worth saving.
FULLY REALIZED NEXT GENERATION
- Built exclusively for next generation hardware, the REDengine 3 renders the world of The Witcher visually nuanced and organic, a real true to life fantasy.
- Dynamic weather systems and day/night cycles affect how the citizens of the towns and the monsters of the wilds behave.
- Rich with storyline choices in both main and subplots, this grand open world is influenced by the player unlike ever before.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.