By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is dead in the water...

I hate to burst the bubble of all the Sony fanboys, but the PS3 is officially dead in the water. The first week sales of the Slim and it still lost big time worldwide. Do not try to come back and say that next week is the first week. The Slim was available in every store that I have been to in my tiny college town, which means I know it is available in all the major cities. The PS3 did not win in any region since the numbers of all 3 consoles in Americas is virtually identical, so close in fact that the margin of error negates any possibility of calling it a win. Then it got destroyed 2 to 1 in Others and basically sold nothing at all in Japan (less than 2k). I am not an MS fanboy, and I am certainly not a Nintendo fanboy, but this is simple fact. I have owned every Sony console and dozens of other Sony products over the last 30 years and I still can't believe how much Sony has lost over the last few years in every product market from games to televisions to movies. Sony is not the company it once was and I doubt it will make anything close to a full recovery. Nintendo has way too much profit and MS has way too much money total for Sony to continue to compete with huge losses mounting every quarter. The only thing this price is going to accomplish is pushing them further into the red...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

god u do no absolutely nothing. check out your facts and try again

Wait, maybe it was aviable in the US, but in EU and Japan it wasn't, so it's normal to have low levels there, isn't it?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

So being out of stock in Japan/Others didn't hurt it, and sales won't rise next week? Okay...

not yet, not yet (im that black guy from gladiator)

Around the Network

(Facepalm)

Im a fanboy myself...but dude? Really?

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

ridicolous...

too much fail in this thread :(

Tell me, do you know much about the world outside of the US?

TOO BAD THE SLIM DIDN'T COME OUT UNTIL SEPTEMBER 1ST.