By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Marvelous says Grasshopper PS3 title is a risk

Yasuhiro Wada, president of Marvelous Entertainment, has claimed in jest that Grasshopper’s upcoming mystery PlayStation 3 title may cripple the publisher financially.

Speaking with Siliconera, Wada joked, “If we do that [game] we might go bankrupt,” adding, “We are making it, but if we make everything then it’s a little too risky.”

Unfortunately, Wada then donned his serious cap and refused to divulge any further details on the project, stating, “Because it’s secret we can’t really go into details here."

Grasshopper is best known for its work on GameCube/PlayStation 2 cel-shaded shooter Killer7 and Wii slash ‘em up No More Heroes. Stay tuned for more info on the firm’s PS3 project as it breaks.

http://www.psu.com/Marvelous-says-Grasshopper-PS3-title-is-a-risk-News--a007572-p0.php

--------------------------------------

I wonder if it's a psn game, a fully fledged normal game or a wand game.

Wand game would be the most risky out of the three obviously.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

I thought No more Heroes was a big hit? What the hell happened?

Harkins1721 said:

The dev costs of HD game development are pretty huge for such a small company like Grasshopper.

Harkins1721 said:

We're getting a sequel for it on Wii.

OP: He must be talking about Kurayami. Since the horror game is also coming to PC/Wii/Xbox360.

If something happens and this one game does put Marvelous out of business, I will hate the PS3 and ultimately Sony forever.

What the guy says means that due to reasonable constraints, they can't do everything with the game that they wanted to because of funds and overall dev time. It is too risky too push this game to sayInfamous, MGS4, Killzone2 type levels because they just can't handle that financially.

I don't think any of Marvelous' games have passed the $8m threshold before, correct me if I am wrong.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
If something happens and this one game does put Marvelous out of business, I will hate the PS3 and ultimately Sony forever.

What the guy says means that due to reasonable constraints, they can't do everything with the game that they wanted to because of funds and overall dev time. It is too risky too push this game to sayInfamous, MGS4, Killzone2 type levels because they just can't handle that financially.

I don't think any of Marvelous' games have passed the $8m threshold before, correct me if I am wrong.

So basicly nothing will change.

SaviorX said:

What is the difference with now? Even if No More Heroes failed on the Wii and let grasshopper got bankrupt you would still hate the PS3

Lostplanet22 said:
SaviorX said:

What is the difference with now? Even if No More Heroes failed on the Wii and let grasshopper got bankrupt you would still hate the PS3

Thing is, NMH2 putting them out of business isn't even posssible. Even if the series doubled in costs, it would have to sell 800k to do well? As for me, Sony PR has done epic fails so many times, they are just..................eh, I have a PS2 though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Don't make the game then, why put your company out of business just for making a game for the PS3. I don't get it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@ SaviorX

I love how Xbox fanboys always find an excuse to blame the PS3 for something. It's Grasshopper who wants to make a PS3 exclusive. If it fails to connect with the players, the fault is on them, not on the console or its players.