By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Developer To Fans: Keep Me From Making Mini-Games

Source. http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/01/07/wii-developer-to-fans-keep-me-from-making-mini-games/

Probably the most interesting snipit from this interview.

MTV Multiplayer: How did you persuade THQ to greenlight this idea?

Itkowitz: It was pretty easy, actually, because of the fact that we pitched it on the Wii — that was the magic word. [THQ] was really interested in doing something for the Wii because they didn’t have a whole lot on the roster for that. They were really supportive of the concept the whole time. I mean, it is kind of an experiment though, because everybody — from fans to the press to gamers — have been saying they want more core stuff on the Wii, and they’re tired of the mini-game compilations. So the response to [the game] so far has been really good. I hope people vote with their dollars in February so we can make some more. Otherwise, it’s back to mini-games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't buy Deadly Creatures, THQ will go back to publish mini-game complications.  Please buy it people... I loved de Blob and I hope for more games like it from this publisher. 

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Well, I don't want more miny games but I havn't seen anything in Deadly Creatures that would make me what that either.
Who wants to play as a bug? A creepy bug at that? I don't see any mass appeal in this title but I hope it surprises me.

SmokedHostage said:

Source. http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/01/07/wii-developer-to-fans-keep-me-from-making-mini-games/

Itkowitz: It was pretty easy, actually, because of the fact that we pitched it on the Wii — that was the magic word. [THQ] was really interested in doing something for the Wii because they didn’t have a whole lot on the roster for that. They were really supportive of the concept the whole time. I mean, it is kind of an experiment though, because everybody — from fans to the press to gamers — have been saying they want more core stuff on the Wii, and they’re tired of the mini-game compilations. So the response to [the game] so far has been really good. I hope people vote with their dollars in February so we can make some more. Otherwise, it’s back to mini-games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't buy Deadly Creatures, THQ will go back to publish mini-game complications.  Please buy it people... I loved de Blob and I hope for more games like it from this publisher. 

not going to happen. De Blob was amazing and nobody supported it.

theprof00 said:
SmokedHostage said:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=13703&region=All  I suppose .67 million units sold to nobody?

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
theprof00 said:
SmokedHostage said:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=13703&region=All  I suppose .67 million units sold to nobody?

I was gonna say, de Blob is waaaay past my expectations right now, and I thought I was being optimistic at thinking of 500k before the end of the year...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
theprof00 said:
SmokedHostage said:

No No No it must sell millions and millons of copies and at the same time lose millions and millions of cash

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Im not going to argue with you.
I convinced 7 people to buy the game myself. I looked at deadly creatures. It doesn't look near as "successful" as de Blob.

I would enjoy a game in which I get to play as an arachnid. But my tastes don't represent those of the mases.

alpha_dk said:
SmokedHostage said:
theprof00 said:
SmokedHostage said:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=13703®ion=All  I suppose .67 million units sold to nobody?

I was gonna say, de Blob is waaaay past my expectations right now, and I thought I was being optimistic at thinking of 500k before the end of the year...

Yeah de Blob is easily going platinum sometime this year.   Good games on Wii start slow and then build up as word spreads.   Wouldn't surprise me if De Blob goes double platinum but I still have little hope for DC.

theprof00 said:
Im not going to argue with you.
I convinced 7 people to buy the game myself. I looked at deadly creatures. It doesn't look near as "successful" as de Blob.

Yea, Deadly Creatures seems a bit niche compared to de Blob.  Still doesn't mean it should go unnoticed.

Pixel Art can be fun.