By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 dev: PS3 is not hard to develop for

Resident Evil 5 dev: PS3 is not hard to develop for

Link: http://www.psu.com/Resident-Evil-5-dev--PS3-is-not-hard-to-develop-for-News--a0005884-p0.php

Resident Evil 5 Producer Masachika Kawata has questioned the idea that developing a PlayStation 3 version of a multiplatform game is significantly harder than developing one for Xbox 360.

"I can't really say that one platform is proving more problematic than the other," he told Kikizo in an interview.

Kawata subsequently qualified his comment, acknowledging that similarities between the Xbox 360 hardware and the PC, Resident Evil 5's lead development platform, made work on the former system comparatively straightforward. "This game is being developed in Capcom internally on PC hardware. When it comes to porting directly from PC-based hardware, the console that's easier to work with is, naturally, the 360."

But he insisted that PS3 was far from the programming nightmare some commentators have styled it. "The PS3 is often said to be more difficult. As someone developing for it, though... I haven't found it to be too tough."

This may, however, have more to do with the flexibility of Resident Evil 5's engine than the nature of the platform. "With our proprietary engine, the MT Framework - it's an engine we specifically made for development on next-gen consoles - one of its particular strengths is ease of porting to different platforms."

Resident Evil 5 is down for release on 5th March 2009 in Japan, and 13th March 2009 in North America and Europe.

Around the Network

Im sure there was a preview or something where the PS3 version was slammed as being inferior...some guy or mag called kotaku or something?

Sounds like he was stretching things

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

PS3 easy as butter confirmed?

4D graphics easy to develop only on the cell confirmed?

cell, a living creature confirmed?

colonelstubbs said:
Im sure there was a preview or something where the PS3 version was slammed as being inferior...some guy or mag called kotaku or something?

wasn't that article from some retard playing 2 different builds of the game, the PS3 being an earlier build while the 360 being the more recent one?

How tough is too tough?

Probably not tough enough for me.

Around the Network

After watching the Demo comparison video. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the 2 versions.

Sloppy and lazy developers find PS3 hard to develop for. Weird.

jake_the_fake1 said:
colonelstubbs said:

wasn't that article from some retard playing 2 different builds of the game, the PS3 being an earlier build while the 360 being the more recent one?

I dont think so, but wow, thats pretty bad. Some people are obviously too stupid to notice the simplest things

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Blood_Tears said:
After watching the Demo comparison video. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the 2 versions.

Lately, most of the differences are like this.  only nerds get worked up about these things.

routsounmanman said:
Sloppy and lazy developers find PS3 hard to develop for. Weird.

Agreed. Didnt valve complain with the Orange Box?..tsk tsk weak.