By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that it's going to be massively bundled, can UNCHARTED 3 TOP 10 MILLION LTD SALES?

Tagged games:

With sony's recent announcement of the playstation 3 slim releasing within a week's time, one of the most ciritically acclaimed ip of this generation, with arguably the best graphics of the generation is going to be bundled with the cheaper lower end 250GB MODEL of the new playstation 3 releasing in North America, and will be the only PS3 sku available.. after a month's time when the older playstation 3 model will more than likely be completely sold out.. Can Uncharted 3 which has already sold an impressive 4.6 million units world wide,( and continues to sell nearly 20,000 copies a week world wide, and is recently being relaunched with all of it's DLC in a GOTY edition package for a cheaper price.. and finally is now being bundled with every entry level playstation 3 in North America..) end up breaking 10 million units sold this console generation? Making it the top selling new ip from SONY this gen.. and more than likely the 2nd top selling game behind GT5(which I hear is also being bundled in other territories..) published by sony.. I say it has a small shot

mM
Around the Network

i dont know... 7 or 8 million maybe, but 10? I dont think so.

10 million, maybe. I see it pulling it off actually, if any of Sony's games deserves it, its Uncharted 3. This definitely won't help the PS3's situation in the US though. That PS3 is $20 dollars more expensive and comes with a game the US isn't exactly jumping for joy for. It's pretty much Sony's only franchise on a rise though so it may help more than I expect.

P.S. It's kinda funny seeing Sony turn to mass bundles, with all the Sony fans giving Ninty so much flack for bundling. I guess once it passes it, we can thank mass bundling for getting it there. ;)

How heavily bundled is it? 10 million seems an impossibilty.

brendude13 said:

How heavily bundled is it? 10 million seems an impossibilty.

Edit: Did you edit your post? I'm pretty sure you said something else.

Around the Network
1 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 2009 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.73 1.90 0.21 0.88 5.72
2 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3 2011 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 1.70 1.91 0.19 0.78 4.58
3 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 2007 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 1.90 1.55 0.12 0.69 4.26

Yeah, sure.

All depends on how long its bundled for.

I can see 8 Million though. Highest selling TPS of the generation?

I don't think the bundled version is going to be the only way to get an SS PS3 for very long. The stand-alone version will soon follow for $249.

Carl2291 said:

So that makes Wii Sports the highest selling game ever since bundles all of a sudden count. ;)

Other than that, I agree 8 million is possible.

phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:

So that makes Wii Sports the highest selling game ever since bundles all of a sudden count. ;)

Other than that, I agree 8 million is possible.

Indeed. With its 90%+ bundle ratio, Wii Sports has outsold every other game, ever.

Aside from Angry Birds and Bejewelled if course. I dont see how that (or Wii Sports) has anything to do with an Uncharted sales thread though.