By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - 3D - Oh My God

Tagged games:

Now this is the story all about how i came in my pants upside down and I wanna take a minute and sit right here as I will tell you the story of Drake in Bel air.

XD Listen people, this is insane. I have completed Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception nine times. Nine full playthroughs PLUS far more random selections.

I played the game ONCE fully in 3D ..or so I thought!! So now: I used my TV to convert from 2D to 3D and this works on any game or movie but the result is NOT NEARLY as impressive. I did not find any 3D option in Uncharted because I had manually chosen what resolutions I want and it turns out, in order for your PS3 to find the 3D resolution, it has to be set to AUTO.

I tried this after my friend told me how insane the 3d was. I honestly feel UC3s 2D-3D BY MY TV beats Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo 5 but my god.. I was missing out!! I now have stereoscopic 3D on, max strength on my 40" 3d tv and let me tell you all something: THIS FUCKING SHIT IS INSANE. Seriously, if you have a 3D TV; You are a complete I D I O T if you dont play this game in 3D. Jesus christ, NEVER did I think the gimmick known as 3D would actually contribute to the experience this much but Uncharted 3 and 3D is so fucking good, it truly immersifies the game thus making it feel A WHOOLLEEE LOT better.

This is the game you buy a 3D TV for. I understand one game might not be enough but if you are a hardcore Uncharted lover: You sir, are fucking lucky that this feature is so good.

To ferrari and ethomaz: Guys, it is effing SPECTACULAR!!!!!!! 10th Playthrough as we speak. Just finished a certain part with butt fuck of amazing water.

WARNING: 3D will hit you so hard it feels like taking a cu*shot. I had to share my fail and highly encourage all 3d owners out there. Naughty Dog truly excells every fking time. I know I made this sound like Jesus' second coming, but it is DAAAMN GOOD.

wrote all of this on my iphonw!!
ENJOY BRAHS'

Around the Network

Wow thanks for giving me a surge of excitement through my body.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

I came running as soon as I heard you scream!! Is everything okay?

@ chris.m95
Uncharted 3 is AWESOME!!!!!! You are not a true game for thinking otherwise. Aldro, you have good gaming tastes my friend. I wish I had the money to buy UC3 and a 3DTV. God I am missing out on a big experience!!!!!!!

Lol I meant to say "not a true gamer" instead of "not a true game".

Around the Network

The only thing I don't like about playing U3 in 3D is that the aiming can be fucked up if you play slightly off the center of your TV, and what I mean by that is imprinting the center of your TV into your head as your cross hair section so when you are in cover, you can aim right at people's heads, other than that, the 3D was fine other than the aliased as hell edges.

Im walking in the Rub al Khali now. The Shadows (AA) are very good here... Cant really find any jagged edges, but I have came across it a few times (yeah after 9 playthroughs even i cant deny that) but it really is a minor flaw considering the vast majority looks superb.

Im sitting on my bed just infront of my TV, relaxed. No shooting problems here!

This game feels like it was made in 3d then like remade in 2d. Its insane how good it is. Tiny details like the footorints in the sand in 3d really looks far superior to the 2d. Its the same but like with 3D you can litterarly see all the detail to the sand pouring down as you go, the tiny sandcorns on your shoes!! The dust get carried and moved/dissolved in air. It is breathtaking! And my god the cargoplane!! You know how UC2 had an insane leap from UC1? Call me crazy, the 3D usage makes this game make an even greater leap. I have NEVER been this impressed and I have already beaten it 9,5 fking times!!!

I thought the 3D was really sub par and ended up using the TV 2D to 3D conversion. I cant deal with crosstalk at all, not even talking about the downgraded graphic. I cant imagine if you have the glasses provided with the TVs. Those suffers from even more crosstalk and color issue.

Aldro is like Selnor on crack.

It was a good read, hopefully I can get a 3D TV soon, the game still looks astonishing in 2D.

i agree i got a 46 inc sony 3d tv today played a little of uncharted3 in 3d and o m freaking g it looks awesome! even my mon whas like holy damn....and she doesnt even care about a tv.