By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Showdown Round #1 - Rate MGS1!

The Final Fantasy showdown was a big sucess and got over 1,000 votes, u can check out its results here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=108039&page=2&str=13774201#1

so nw i wnt to make one for mgs franchise.

so rate mgs1 in this thread.

MGS1 - 9.6/10

one of my all time fav's. very deep story, amazing music & cut scenes for ps1, phsyco mantis boss fight!

Around the Network

mgs1 = 9/10

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Solid 8.

Very, very, very good game. In some ways it was the best in the series, but it also set the stage for many of the failings that the series would succumb to over and over.

10/10
Still the best in the series, a groundbreaking experience for its time, best story ever in a videogame, my favourite game on Playstation, and my 5th favourite game ever.

9.5/10

Brilliant game.

Around the Network

9.5/10 It had the best storyline of all the MGS titles and the gameplay was also great for its time.

I know others think this is the best in the series...but I basically watched my dad play this more than play it myself. (I played the GC version years later on my own). Its an amazing game no doubts & has some of the best scenes in gaming (Sniper Wolf dying) & so on. The gameplay was very good for its time but again I didn't play that much of it

Ultimately when I look back on the year 1999 (yeah we got it in 1999 not 98) I remember Final Fantasy VIII & Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (suck it haters) as the highlights not MGS1. Little did I know this series would soon dethrone both FF & Tomb Raider to become my favorite gaming series ever!

MGS2 made me a big MGS fan not MGS1

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

10/10

love shadow moses

8/10

Good story, great characters, great bosses - well, most of them anyway and great music. But has some problems that are hard to pass by. Ugly graphics (yes, for the time), bad camera and some annoying design choices. The A.I. also mocks our intelligence - but that's present in every single MGS.

The second best MGS, after 3.

10/10

amazing game, especially for its time