The Chase is on! Need for Speed Undercover has players racing down highways, evading cops and hunting down rivals as they go deep undercover to take down an international crime syndicate. The new game heralds the return of high-intensity police chases and introduces the all-new 'Heroic Driving Engine' - a unique technology that generates incredible high-performance moves at 180 miles per hour.
Need for Speed Undercover also utilizes Hollywood style filming and production techniques as well as the acting talent of Maggie Q and Christina Milian to create a rich, cinematic experience.
This stunning mix of gameplay and live-action movies will immerse gamers in the world of the Tri-City Bay Area. The city's open-world environment features over 80 miles of roads, including an enormous highway system that sets the stage for heart-pounding highway battles. These high-speed, high-stake chase sequences will push players to the limit as they fight off cops and opponents.
An intelligent new A.I. mechanic delivers a realistic and high-energy action driving experience. Going back to the franchise's roots, Need for Speed Undercover features more aggressive and intelligent cops whose sole purpose is to take down the player quickly and by any means necessary.
- Go Deep Undercover - Race into an action-packed story of pursuit and betrayal. Take on jobs and compete in races to prove yourself as you infiltrate and take down an international crime syndicate.
- Heroic Driving Engine - An all-new game engine featuring cutting-edge physics and improved AI designed to push players and the cars to limits with adrenaline filled action driving maneuvers.
- Highway Battle - Fight off the cops and others as you take down your prey in high-speed, high stake multi-car chases. New and vastly improved AI mechanics mean more aggressive and intelligent cops focused on taking you out fast and by any means necessary.
- Own the Open World - Tear across the massive highway system and discover the open world of the Gulf Coast Tri-Cities area, with three unique cities connected by an extensive highway system.
- Online - In addition to the classic sprint and circuit race modes, Need for Speed Undercover features an all new exclusive multiplayer mode, Cops N' Robbers. This visceral team-based mode supports up to 8 players and pits two teams of 4 players against each other. Robbers must pick up the money and take it to the drop-off point while the cops attempt to prevent the drop-off. Each game consists of two rounds giving the players the chance to play as the Cops and as the Robbers.
- Photo Real Cars and Performance – Over 55 licensed cars are available featuring performance tuning that enables the player to dynamically adjust the vehicles to create the vehicles that can accommodate all action driving scenarios. Some of the cars include the Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG, Audi R8, Porsche 911 GT2 and the all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z.