Dead Rising™ follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance photojournalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to a small suburban town only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. He escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety, but it turns out to be anything but.
Take the lead as Frank and engage in a struggle to survive the endless stream of enemies. With a full complement of stores at your disposal in the mall, you'll need to be creative—utilizing anything you can find to fight off the flesh-hungry mob—and search for the truth behind the horrendous epidemic.
- Real-time gameplay: Time marches on whether Frank is actively engaged or simply stationary.
- Dynamic enemies: Record numbers of zombies come in never-ending waves and react to their environment. Though they move slowly during the day, the zombies become stronger and faster at night, making it even more dangerous for players to survive. These former humans have also retained some memory of their previous lives, giving them unique behaviors and appearances.
- Visual clarity: Playing in native 720p resolution allows for unprecedented detail and clarity in gameplay.
- Weapons aplenty: The variety of stores available to you in the mall offer an endless supply of resources, including vehicles, makeshift weapons, and food.
- Save and learn: Encounter other survivors along the way. Helping them will give you more clues as to what has happened and what you need to do to stop it.