By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Platform Share: PS4 > PC > Xbox One

Tagged games:

In announcing its financial results for the first half of fiscal 2016 (ended September 30, 2015), Ubisoft revealed the PlayStation 4 as the most dominant platform for the publisher's games.

According to the report, which features a breakdown of its games sold by platform, Sony's PS4 takes the top spot with 27% of the share. The PC is the next most popular platform for Ubisoft games at 20%. Surprisingly,t he Xbox One only takes 12% of the share, only slightly higher than last-gen systems. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 made up 10%, each, of sales of Ubisoft games.

Read more here:  http://www.gamezone.com/news/ps4-is-the-most-dominant-platform-for-ubisoft-games-3427363

--------------------

The PS4 on top is no surprise but PC in second by a comfortable margin is probably a shock for many.  Unlike EA, does Ubisoft even have a lot of PC-heavy franchises?  Will the Xbox One make a comeback during the holiday season?

Around the Network

I count 79%. Is the rest mobile and Nintendo platforms?

KLXVER said:

I found an article with a lot more information:  
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/11/04/ps4-dominates-ubisofts-software-sales-positive-financial-results-posted/

Wii - 2%

Wii U - 1%

Others - 18%  (mobile, ancillaries...)

Regional Breakdown:

Europe - 45%

North America - 43%

ROW - 12%

Sons of bitches! If they're making so much money from PC gamers, why are their ports always garbage?

Trunkin said:
Sons of bitches! If they're making so much money from PC gamers, why are their ports always garbage?

That's a darn good question.  20% is a good sized chunk of money.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Nintendo's 3%.

It seems that all major publishers have the PS4 being the main moneymaker.

Lawlight said:
KLXVER said:

Nintendo's 3%.

Makes sense.

KLXVER said:
Lawlight said:

Nintendo's 3%.

Makes sense.

Well, you'd think that PC would lead due to the install base vs. the PS4.

Lawlight said:
KLXVER said:

Makes sense.

Well, you'd think that PC would lead due to the install base vs. the PS4.

I thought Ubisoft fucked PC gamers...

pokoko said:
Trunkin said:

That's a darn good question.  20% is a good sized chunk of money.

They must have some F2P cash cow that I don't know about, or something. It just blows my mind that their "core" franchises could possibly be pulling in that much dough on PC alone.