By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killer Instinct + Rash

Tagged games:

Can the Battletoads be successful in todays gaming?

HECK YEA! 22 70.97%

Too old, and too hard. 3 9.68%

Nah, Beat em Ups just are... 3 9.68%

See Results 3 9.68%

Total:31

I just saw the trailer to Rash from Battletoads making his debate in KI. I was absolutely amazed, I am impressed on how Iron Galaxy turned this 2D sprite into that 3D creation, they gave him a cool voice and the Demo display made him feel at home in a fighting game (Since there already Brawlers). His last words in the trailer has to be proof that Battletoads has a future.

As an old school Nintendo fan, BT was one of my most played games on both the NES, Gameboy and SNES. I would probably have a heart attack if they announce a new Battletoads games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xzwafCJ28I

Did you have a nostralia meltdown seeing Rash again after so many years? Also thanks to Rares Replays we can play these classics again.

Thoughts on the trailer?

The idea on bringing the Toads back from the dead?

Can they be as successful as they were 20 years ago?

Around the Network

I thought that looked great! Love seeing Rash again.

I really hope it does get brought back from the dead (even if I don't have an Xbox One).

Can they be as successful? It really depends on if they can make a good game with it, simple as that.

Not what I expected.

I gotta go to the lab with him today.

Uhg...no. He looks out of place cheapening KI.

Around the Network

I feel he adds quite a bit of personality to the roster so he's a welcome addition + plus fun as hell to play. I mean seriously he eats the projectiles.

Protendo said:

You know that what you said doesn't make a slight bit of sense right?

You mean to tell me that a humanoid toad is out of place but a humanoid ice being is not? Or a humanoid wolf is not out of place?

There is a beat'em up game made on UE4 heading to id@xbox. Looks just like Street of Rage.

Looks amazing! Hope for a Battletoads reboot.

Goatseye said:
Protendo said:

You know that what you said doesn't make a slight bit of sense right?

You mean to tell me that a humanoid toad is out of place but a humanoid ice being is not? Or a humanoid wolf is not out of place?

The graphic design looks to kiddie and the style is out of place. I don't like it. My guess is this is the new developers design.