By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Second Son Update Incoming: Change Time of Day, HUD Off, 30FPS Option

Tagged games:

Change Time-of-Day

Once you beat the game, a new entry will appear on the options menu to allow you to select the time of day! A very popular request indeed, and one we’re excited to enable for you all.

HUD On/Off

Especially for those amazingly talented screenshot taking folks, we’re including an option to let you turn the HUD on and off.

Cap at 30FPS
Internally we prefer the unlocked frame rate, but we recognize that some players find it distressing. So we’ll provide a way to ensure the game is not bumping up over 30FPS, if that’s how you prefer to play.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/01/second-son-update-incoming-change-time-of-day-hud-off-30fps-option/

Around the Network

Hopefully the 30fps cap becomes a standard feature for unlocked games, for those who want it.

What the games really needs is good side content, such a beautiful city feels squandered in the game, still good but lots of wasted potential.

Nice, those are pretty sweet additions.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Great additions and so timely!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Hopefully the 30fps cap becomes a standard feature for unlocked games, for those who want it.

You lost responsibility with 30fps cap... Killzone plays smooth unlocked... BioShock Infinite too (this one have even a warning message saying you will loose the fast response in the gameplay with 30fps caps).

Unlocked is always a better option even with juggers.

ethomaz said:
Zekkyou said:

You lost responsibility with 30fps cap... Killzone plays smooth unlocked... BioShock Infinite too (this one have even a warning message saying you will loose the fast response in the gameplay with 30fps caps).

Perhaps, but having the option available is always good. I do personally prefer unlocked as well, but people have different preferences for different reasons.

That's sweet! I especially like the time of day option.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Zekkyou said:

Perhaps, but having the option available is always good. I do personally prefer unlocked as well, but people have different preferences for different reasons.

I don't like screen tearing but I prefer to have it with a increased overall framerate that improves response time on your controller buttons... the game plays smooth with unlocked framerate (Killzone) at the disadvantage of having screen tearing.

I beat BioShock Infinite yesterday (finally... amazing game) and I couldn't play with locked framerate.

But open options is always the best... it can become a standard in the generation... Killzone and now inFAMOUS.

ethomaz said:
Zekkyou said:

Yes, you may lose a small amount of response time, but you gain a consistent one with a cap. Consistency is more important to me than a quicker response time, half the time.....