By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Console Apocalypse: If the Big 3 drop out of the console war

Tagged games:

There has be quite a bit of "Consoles are DOOMED" threads and news articles, as well as all streaming future of gaming.

If the big three drop out of the hardware business, and all go software only and streaming from the cloud or whatever the future brings.

Would there still be fanboy wars without hardware?

Would this really be a bad thing?

Ofcorse this topic is hypothetical but I think it would make an interesting discution.

Around the Network

Ill go where Halo goes.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wht you thought this topic was like.......

What it turned out to be.............

^ lol yah... I guess I was wrong....

"Judgement Day" is upon us! X'D

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

Apple would reclaim the ashes. That would be horrible.

^Not if the tech is proven to be obsolete (Ex: Tape player, DVD Players (Soon)) If everything is cloud, then software is where its going to be at.

antfromtashkent said:
^Not if the tech is proven to be obsolete (Ex: Tape player, DVD Players (Soon)) If everything is cloud, then software is where its going to be at.

You forgot the power of the Brand. That's how Apple is still alive (And getting powerful each day), because of the brand; nothing else.

This is basically where we're going, and I don't think it's going to be such a bad thing. Then it's all just games. It will be the fanboy war equivalent of world peace.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Wright said:
antfromtashkent said:

You forgot the power of the Brand. That's how Apple is still alive (And getting powerful each day), because of the brand; nothing else.

Yeh this is true. But Apple makes "shiny things" that mostly try to keep up with the current tech. And if the consoles are dead, its not longer current and apple wont care. I think anyways.