By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Sound Shapes the killer-app that Vita needs? - 9.0 from IGN!

Tagged games:

"Killer apps" don't exist. There is no magic bullet to cure anything.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I'm so buying this.

And I heard deadmau5 created a lot of the music and levels correct? Cause if so that makes this even more of a must have for me.

i've only put about an hour into it and from what i've played the game is amazing but it won't change shit. like echochrome before it sound shapes will be a fan favorite but nothing more than that.

It's probably a good game, but it is not a big enough game to push any hardware, especially since they delayed it to port it to the PS3.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

BenVTrigger said:
I'm so buying this.

And I heard deadmau5 created a lot of the music and levels correct? Cause if so that makes this even more of a must have for me.

Yep..this includes exclusive tracks by deadmou5e and other artisists including..Beck. You are in for a treat btw :D it's a glorious game.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Ajescent said:

Mario? Gran Turismo? Halo? Pokemon? Monster Hunter?

How do killer apps not exist?

Play4Fun said:
Ajescent said:

Seriously?

mario is a big deal but it didn't become a big deal overnight to become a magic bullet. It took years for that to happen. Not to forget it started out when games were few and far between not nowadays where you can't go 2 steps without tripping over a new starter game dev.

Gran Turismo
Whilst the numbers on that are stellar, it's not the be all and end all.
Whilst it's one of the best selling games on the ps3, it's no where near as popular as your Halos or a COD (I draw your attention to GTpsp) and highlight the fact that again, like Mario this game has a history to its name and is not an up and comer.

Pokemon
Pokemon games are popular because it has a tv show, trading cards, movies and a plethora of other tat to go with it. The game is just an added bonus.

Monster Hunter...I actually don't know anything about this, funny thing is It only became a "must have" around these parts when it was announced as a 3DS only thing. Prior to that, only thing I heard about it was Wii fans getting excited for a Wii version...

I remain fixed on my arguement that there is no such thing as a magic bullet...at least not in the form of a first time release that doesn't have a history to its name.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Instead of talking on topic, there is already a useless offtopic discussion above, as most of the time happens.

Anyway, great game, getting it next week!

pezus said:
kitler53 said:
i've only put about an hour into it and from what i've played the game is amazing but it won't change shit. like echochrome before it sound shapes will be a fan favorite but nothing more than that.

This game looks more appealing than echochrome though ;o

as it is a platformer i'll agree that it has greater mass appeal than echochrome but all things considered i don't think this will be the word-of-mouth, hardware pushing seller that would make it a killer-app.  i hope i'm wrong and it is an evergreen title but the simple fact that it is a downloadable title only will severly limit it's market penetration. 

as far as buy yourself a vita, you won't regret it.  the system has hardly gotten started and there are already many amazing titles.  there is just something satisfying about the way hardware breaks down that stima of, "oh it's just a portable title" and instead delivers the real deal.  very satisfied customer here.

Ajescent said:
Play4Fun said:
Ajescent said:

Seriously?

mario is a big deal but it didn't become a big deal overnight to become a magic bullet. It took years for that to happen. Not to forget it started out when games were few and far between not nowadays where you can't go 2 steps without tripping over a new starter game dev.

Gran Turismo
Whilst the numbers on that are stellar, it's not the be all and end all.
Whilst it's one of the best selling games on the ps3, it's no where near as popular as your Halos or a COD (I draw your attention to GTpsp) and highlight the fact that again, like Mario this game has a history to its name and is not an up and comer.

Pokemon
Pokemon games are popular because it has a tv show, trading cards, movies and a plethora of other tat to go with it. The game is just an added bonus.

Monster Hunter...I actually don't know anything about this, funny thing is It only became a "must have" around these parts when it was announced as a 3DS only thing. Prior to that, only thing I heard about it was Wii fans getting excited for a Wii version...

I remain fixed on my arguement that there is no such thing as a magic bullet...at least not in the form of a first time release that doesn't have a history to its name.

WTF are you telling me the history of Mario for?  And who cares if GT5 isn't as popular as Halo or COD? Who cares why Pokemon is popular? And MH has always been big in Japan.

Definition: A "killer app" is jargon in the computer industry for an application program that intentionally or unintentionally gets you to make the decision to buy the system the application runs on.

Killer apps. Deal with it.