Switch Sold 139,200 Units in Japan Last Week, Pikmin 3 Deluxe Tops the Charts - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 12 November 2020 / 1,989 Views
Pikmin 3 Deluxe (NS) has remained on the top spot on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 67,925 units, according to Famitsu for the week ending November 8.
Pokemon Sword / Shield + Expansion Pass (NS) debuted in fourth with sales of 18,638 units. Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle (NS) debuted in fifth with sales of 13,871 units.
Nine of the top 10 games are for the Nintendo Switch, while one was for the PlayStation 4.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 139,200 units sold. The PS4 sold 3,275 units, the 3DS sold 561 units and the Xbox One sold 29 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [NSW] Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Nintendo, 10/30/20) – 67,925 (239,274)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 37,256 (1,783,608)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 31,687 (5,941,433)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield + Expansion Pass (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 18,638 (New)
- [NSW] Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle (Cygames, 11/05/20) – 13,871 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 12,318 (3,250,835)
- [PS4] Watch Dogs: Legion (Ubisoft, 10/29/20) – 8,723 (49,685)
- [NSW] Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Nintendo, 09/18/20) – 8,536 (373,171)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 8,091 (1,551,842)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 7,638 (3,790,783)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.