Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Debuts in 2nd the Japanese Charts, Switch Sells 107,593 Units - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 04 June 2020 / 3,044 Views
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) has remained at the top spot on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 102,749 units, according to Famitsu for the week ending May 31.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (NS) debuted in second place with sales of 90,789 units. The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki (PS4) debuted in fourth with sales of 12,407.
Uta no Prince-sama: Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade LOVE for Nintendo Switch (NS) debuted in seventh with sales of 9,216 units. Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle ((NS) debuted in eighth with sales of 7,397 units.
Eight of the top 10 games are for the Nintendo Switch and two are for the PlayStation 4.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 107,593 units sold. The PlayStation 4 sold 5,867 units, the 3DS sold 1,157 units, and the Xbox One sold 185 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 102,749 (4,685,419)
- [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Nintendo, 05/29/20) – 90,789 (New)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 39,518 (956,559)
- [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki (Falcom, 05/28/20) – 12,407 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,415 (2,965,844)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 10,041 (3,437,424)
- [NSW] Uta no Prince-sama: Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade LOVE for Nintendo Switch (Broccoli, 05/28/20) – 9,216 (New)
- [PS4] Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle (Sega, 05/28/20) – 7,397 (New)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 7,262 (3,711,072)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 6,714 (1,399,850)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.