By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 Million copies of Fable2 sold first week, but can it move hardware?

Hey,

Fable2 is about to be a million seller in its first week.  That is a great success for MS, Lionhead and Peter Molyneux who seems to match the hype with this game. But is Fable2 a hardware-seller? 160k Xbox360 were sold the week before Fable2, not great, but good. It would be nice to see Fable2 pushing these numbers a little bit. I haven't played it yet, but just heard good things about the game. Most of the reviews were very positive, too.

On the other hand, can a game like Fable2 move consoles? There are not that much WRPG that could do this. I am really looking forward to next week numbers.

What do you think? Is a boost possible? If so, how much more units could be sold? 40k? 70k?

Give me some thoughts.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

one MILLION -faints-

where do u see the 1m???

Firstly these are Vgchartz numbers not NPD

Secondly Fable 2 will be a hit only in USA not europe/Japan

Thirdly , It is not an AAA --89% at metacritic

Please dont post weird assumptions every time

You will have to wait for NPD for US sales

For Europe sales Fable 2 wont even reach 200k 1st week

I predict 600k first week
400k in USA and 200k (max) in europe

Squilliam explained this nicely before but i can't remember exactly what he said. The further on we progress through the generation the less impact an exclusive game is going to have , as the libary expands on a given console a single title will be less and less of an incentive to buy a console as time passes.

Around the Network
lwhatee said:

let's bet. I bet Fable2 will sell more than 700k next week worldwide according to VGC. 

and the 350k at launch aren't VGC data, I think.

lwhatee said:

let's bet. I bet Fable2 will sell more than 700k next week worldwide according to VGC. 

and the 350k at launch aren't VGC data, I think.

You might be right about Fable 2 selling one million on it's first week, but then again, you might be wrong. Let's worry about whether it has or has not sold that much when we actually have gotten that far, ok?

As for moving hardware... I'm not so certain. But then again, I had no idea that would have such a huge starting week either.

Also, hardware numbers are probably only going to be going up from now on, Fable 2 or no Fable 2. It's going to be incredibly difficult to distinguish any effect of the game from the effect of the holiday season coming up. (Or am I completely mistaken here in thinking that?)

This is invisible text!

lwhatee said:
where do u see the 1m???

Oh no an 89, this game is no good. Seriously? If we curve the score since no game has averaged a 10, then it will be a 90+ game. This game was made in the UK, so why wouldn't it be popular in Europe, it obviouly won't reach NA numbers since there are far less consoles there.

lwhatee said:
where do u see the 1m???

200k first week in Europe. Haha, crazy this was game made by Europeans for Europeans hence the 10 from Eurogamer and 9.5 from IGN UK. It is tripple A to the core and considering all the reviews are yet to be in an 89 at this point doesn't really mean much at all besides it being a very good game indeed.