By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I finally finished Mass Effect. Wow.

What the Hell people? 

I know I've said *many* times that I have not finished Mass Effect yet nobody got on my back about it.  The wife was in San Antonia this weekend so I took the chance to finish the game.  I didn't like my previous Shephard so I made a new one and then set it to easy because I just wanted the story, the new game+ in Mass Effect 2, and I didn't feel like wasting the time with the gameplay.

Well I finished the game last night and hot damn it was amazing!  Even though I have Mass Effect 2 I still want to play through Mass Effect again!  I actually cared about the characters and the decisions in that game got pretty tough (though the Kaiden Ashley decision wasn't hard since I didn't like either of them)!  It got to the part where I to save the council and I was just like crap what do I do! (I focused on the Soveriegn) and then you even have to pick the new human council chairmen.

Mass Effect I think actually rekindled my love of the RPG I think.

Traditional JRPG's just get me bored and I can't remember the last new one I finished.  Other WRPG's like any Bethesda game I generally get bored too and they're too open so I forget about the main story.  I loved the ending of Fable II but I was done with that game and I didn't want more.  I loved Dragon Age, but after a while I was just done with it.

But Mass Effect, crap, I loved that game and I want more.  I wish I had actually made myself play through it earlier because I did almost no side quests and I want to do them all now.

And then moving straight from Mass Effect to Mass Effect, holy shit, the improvements are insane!

So yeah, congratulations Bioware, Mass Effect is incredible, it rekindled my love for the RPG, and I'm looking forward to playing Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 again and again. 

Great game is great, Mass Effect is easily one of the best games this gen and I'm only 1-2 hours into Mass Effect 2 and it's improved in almost every way so far.

Around the Network

JaggedSac approves of this message.

Heh, welcome to the Mass Effect love covenant. It really is a step above as far as story goes. Mass Effect was my favorite game this gen, and it looks like the sequel will trump it, which blows my mind.

right?!?! :)

i soo wanted this game too bad its gonna release in my country next week!!! im keeping my moneyz for it instead of MAG (though im gonna get MAG too soon :D)!!

Around the Network

I approve.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

i totally agree with you
i just finished the game a couple of days ago and for some reason i wanna start the game again
its just a BRILLIANT and one of the best games ever made
(in my humble opinion)

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Mass Effect a good game but a lot of glitches in the game. The ally achievements would not unlock for me despite keeping the same team members for the whole game and doing all the missions and obtaining completion achievement. The long elevator loading scenes were dreadful. The game took up a lot of 360s memory and lagging gameplay would kick in after two hours.

I will get Mass effect 2 eventually. Probably play through Mass Effect and get up to a level 60 character. Sentinel class. Before playing Mass Effect 2. I wonder how the save game on Mass Effect works on Mass Effect 2?

Mass Effect on Hardcore and Insanity modes IMO are too hard. I found Normal mode was a hard enough challenge. Easy mode would help you fly through the game if you do not have the team to play games.

BTW: In Mass Effect kill enemies on foot instead of Mako to gain more XP. Using Mako you only get 33% of XP for killing enemies. Level 50 is possible on one play through but it may take up to three playthroughs using same character to get up to level 60.

Lol, yeah, its great. And from what I've played the sequel is an improvement (although a bit too light on the RPG elements for me).

i had to play that game countless of hours because it's fun + getting all the achievements feels so damn good.