By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII PS3 and 360 Differences Announced

Square Enix has just confirmed a couple of differences between the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 release of Final Fantasy XIII. In an interview in Famitsu they state that the video and audio is compressed on the Xbox 360 DVDs while the Playstation 3 version will be uncompressed and appear on a dual-layer blu-ray disc. The 360 version will obviously be released on multiple DVDs. This means that the uncompressed game will be 25GB minimum.

Read Full Story >>

Around the Network

Meh?

People go on and on about uncompressed sound but I only know a single person with a 7.1 setup and I've never noticed a difference on my 5.1 (if you're even supposed to be able to).

Anyways, I thought this was something we already knew (or at least assumed).

These differences really don't seem that important.

Great! Getting FFXIII for my 360 confirmed!

bonkers555 said:

...surprise...

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Meh?

People go on and on about uncompressed sound but I only know a single person with a 7.1 setup and I've never noticed a difference on my 5.1 (if you're even supposed to be able to).

Anyways, I thought this was something we already knew (or at least assumed).

you should, its cleaner and has a higher bitrate.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Xxain said:
bonkers555 said:

...surprise...

I'm surprise too.  My purchase of the PS3 was for all my JRPG love which including Final Fantasy series and such.  I'm starting to build a pretty decent size 360 JRPG collection. It will be weird putting a Xbox 360 copy of Final Fantasy XIII next to my other Final Fantasy games on my shelf.

I will probably get it on my ps3, but I'm still uncertain at this point. I was thinking that I would want to get it on my 360 because that is what all my friends have and I could talk with them while they play, but I think I want to be able to play this game without being bothered...

I'll wait and see if any other differences are announced before I make my final decision.

Nice , was getting the PS3 version Regardless .

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I think you need to clarify the OP a bit....

Uncompressed audio? Sure.

Uncompressed video? Ummm, no.

Do people think Blu-ray movies are uncompressed or something? It's simply a matter of the bitrate used, but completely uncompressed video would fill a Blu-ray in no time.