By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PowerVR Series 6 Chosen By Sony For PlayStation 4 GPU!!!!

It's all happening now!!!

http://fgnonline.webs.com/

11/16/09 WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Sony has chosen the GPU for the next generation PlayStation.

We can officially reveal in this world exclusive that SCEI has officially chosen the Imagination Technologies currently in development PowerVR Series 6 architecture for it's next generation PlayStation console scheduled for 2012 worldwide deployment.

The PlayStation 4 shall use a high end variant of the Series 6 line. Performance, specifications and features are at this time unknown. The Series 6 shall receive an official announcement from IMGTEC sometime in 2010, with initial models targeting the smartphone and netbook sector.

It is believed that Sony has gained exclusive rights to the technology for the console space.

IMGTEC's PowerVR technology uses an advance technique called TBDR which can outperform a competing IMR product from nVidia/ATi by 3-5 fold whilst maintaining equal die size and price point. TBDR was the primary reason the SEGA DreamCast was capable of such astonishing graphical feats as early as 1998.

Interestingly SCEI has also chosen IMGTEC as the graphics provider for their next generation PSP. That particular product shall however be using the Series 5XT.

Mr Zachary Morris

Around the Network

Are you Mr. Zachary Morris?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Is this good?

Also, I dont like that we are already talking about the PS4 and its components, I am still enjoying this Gen too much for it to end anytime soon.

uhm.. yea, we will see in 2-3 years if there was any truth to this one

Who runs this website, and do we have any reason to believe that their credibility isn't zero?

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Who runs this website, and do we have any reason to believe that their credibility isn't zero?

Mr. Zachary Morris (I presume this is sales' real name) runs the website, according to every article. This is the first non-Sega article that's been posted in a while. And he has credibility because he's done business with three people I've never heard of.

Shit just got real ! .. In high def !

Check out my game about moles ^

Kantor said:
Rainbird said:

Mr. Zachary Morris (I presume this is sales' real name) runs the website, according to every article. This is the first non-Sega article that's been posted in a while. And he has credibility because he's done business with three people I've never heard of.

Good enough.

*clears throat*

THE PS4 WILL BE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PS3 AND WILL NOT BE BC WITH THE PS3!

You heard it here first people

After some research, the three Japanese people he's done business with are former presidents/owners of SEGA.

Does the fact that he can name three owners of SEGA add to his credibility? I think it does.

Rainbird said:
Kantor said:
Rainbird said:

Good enough.

*clears throat*

THE PS4 WILL BE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PS3 AND WILL NOT BE BC WITH THE PS3!

You heard it here first people

That's hardly a daring prediction. Follow my example:

THE PS4 WILL COME IN A BOX AND PLAY GAMES!