By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's see if this is a valid reason "Dead Space" failing on the Wii

Amazon Canada

Amazon USA

That's what the consumers sees. Guess what they'd buy.

Around the Network

The game for the platform they own?

No marketing didn't help either.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Assuming I am just a regular Joe Doe and don't know the difference between the versions. They would look to be the same game to me.

So, even if I don't own the console that has the cheaper version, I still wouldn't buy the expensive version on the console I own. Solely because I'd feel ripped off.

well considerng I haven't seen a copy fo the game on shelf shows they are either selling out like crazy

/end sarcasm

or like they didn't ship many to my location.

on a personal note I am glad it is failing hard. I told EA on their msg boards and via emails that it would fail for being that genre I do not wish to mention.

Around the Network

Play Magazine gave DSE a 95.

EA has to know the Wii gamers are not stupid... maybe some of the "mass market" crowd may buy anything at any price without any good informations on game's style and/or quality, but for such a "niche" game, the only people that could be interested are the ones following the news, looking at screenshots and trailers, and knowing the difference between an action/adventure and an on-rail shooter... and for these people, the "full price" value just isn't there...

I wonder why such games, with only 5 to 8 hours of gameplay, are not automatically priced correctly: 30 euros/dollars, right from the start, like the HotD reissue, or the RE4 Wii Edition, or Link's Crossbow Training...

THAT would be the right price... otherwise, most gamers will feel like they're being ripped-off, and will just ignore the game, even when its price is (finally and anyway) reduced...

That game for 30 dollars/euros would have had a decent holiday season, and look now, the EA guys are upset, not even two weeks after the game's release... but they are the ones to blame, they should have known better...

And a last point: the box-art is cheap and ugly, and it really doesn't help... if you put some real efforts into a game, make it obvious on the cover, make it look really sweet and original... it's really unattractive this way, so goodbye the potentially curious "mass market" crowd anyway...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

damn fine game, damn shite sales.
Shame on you, Wii game buyers!

but yeah, I do think that the comparitive price of DS:E and DScould be a factor if the customer isn't really aware of the difference

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Onyxmeth style posting:

This thread should be locked and I don't need to explain why.

I still like my theory that both DS:E's crappy boxart and The Conduit's crappy boxart cost lots of potential sales. The price factor obviously doesn't help..