By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okamiden is a DS game

Not much info so far, but we do have one scan:

Around the Network

What I said in the other thread:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO WANT!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully not a port, though I would still buy it. (:(:(:(:(:

By God. Must buy.

In other news, "Ghost Trick" has also been revealed. It's a new DS game from the Ace Attorney team. It's unknown as to whether it's a new IP or another AA spinoff. No images yet.

I cant see.....link plz

Around the Network

I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. The DS' hardware will limit the scope of the game and probably ruin the art style, but touch screen control should work flawlessly.

Is it a sequel/prequel a spin off or a remake?

i'm so conflicted

it's a new okami game... yay

it's for a handheld.. ugh

Between this and the mountain of other DS games, I pretty much have to buy one, huh?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

sigh....talk about a good game being shafted.

It was beautiful on PS2/Wii, and now it gets made on a machine that can't even render 300k of polygons, blocky as hell, has the industry learnt nothing, DS is crap at 3D, and no the art style can not save the game on the DS, because the textures are so low that it will counter act the art style, the only advantage on the DS is that stylus...I would say it should be on the PSP, and while the PSP could at least make the game resemble its console counter part it wouldn't work since the PSP lacks a second analogue stick...

To be honest I would of liked a PSN/XBLA game if they didn't want to risk a retail game...I'm all kinds of disappointed now.

I also want the Golden sun dudes to remove the 3D from the new Golden sun game, just have the graphics with super detailed and crisp 2D sprites, with high frames of animation....the first 2 games were great but man did some large enemies get pixilated...if the 3D is not removed, then we'll be back but now with pixilated 3D graphics.

/rant

ameratsu said:

i'm so conflicted

it's a new okami game... yay

it's for a handheld.. ugh

Between this and the mountain of other DS games, I pretty much have to buy one, huh?

I know how you feel.  I was hoping for a console release.  They should all have something to allow us to paint easily by the time this would be out.  Maybe if it uberbombs we can get a jazzed up version like GTA:CTW but as an XBL, WiiWare, and PSN title.

I don't know if you guys are blind or not, but if you look at the screens it is quite obvious that despite being lower quality the game looks great.

Edit: To be honest, I wouldn't be so picky. We are lucky that anything else from the series showed up after clover got shut down.