By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Insomniac will remain with Sony.

Not really suprising but good news non the less. This is the reason I bought a PS3 as Sony have more great exclusive developers than anyone else (IMO of course). I finally started playing RaC:TOD last weekend and I've got to say it's great. Insomniac are great at creating fun, unique weapons in their games (both resistance and Ratchet).

Around the Network

oh insomniac marry me!

I think that being an exclusive developer gives you a lot of attention. Even if it reduces your overall sales, it can increase your fame and popularity. The public "desire" for you. It also keeps you well funded. Yeah, they'll never leave. Loyalty also comes into it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CAuse Sony treats them great. Microsoft already has a bungie and Rare and that seems to be the caliber of games insomniac makes.

They go where the grass is greener.

It will also be interesting to see how their newly opened study will contribute to thier games. It's only a small team so maybe PSN or PSP games?

Around the Network

I think Insomniac needs...something bigger..They have tons of talent, I think they need a brand new IP to show it,R&C seems to be cool and Resistance, but they need to do what ND did

Xxain said:
I think Insomniac needs...something bigger..They have tons of talent, I think they need a brand new IP to R&C seems to be cool and Resistance, but they need to do what ND

Hopefully after Restsitance 3 they will move on to something else. It was well set for a trilogy but I think after 3 instalments it would become fairly stale.

ND is beating Insomniac big time with just 2 games

AFAIK Naughty Dog is first party, so they will have much better funding and less time constrains than Insomniac. It's not fair to compare them.

Xxain said:
I think Insomniac needs...something bigger..They have tons of talent, I think they need a brand new IP to show it,R&C seems to be cool and Resistance, but they need to do what ND did

I wanna see them do some thing new aswel.

4 ≈ One