By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This holiday is starting to blow...

So first to fire the shot was the ever delay happy Sony, whith GT5 an uncertain charter, both Heavy Rain and GW3 which were expected to drop this year getting bumped and then MAG and White Knight Chronicles... then there's the multiplats from the unknown like Singularity to blockbuster sequals like Bioshock 2, Red Dead Redemption and Starcraft 2 (strong possibility).

And now a game I'm heavily anticipating: Bayonetta has also been bumped until Q1 2010... WTF? How did this year started out as one of the strongest Holiday lineup ever suddenly find itself being decimated? And the reason for most of these delays are not incomplete game, but rather 'fear' that it will get lost in the shuffle of holiday release.

Genius! Rather than compete with just Dante's Inferno (whose release this year is still questionable), you now have to go up against God of War 3 AND Darksider, a franchise with massive brand recognition and another whose presentation (artist direction) strike much truer to an Amercan market than your quirky librarian with glass. With so many game getting pushed to Q1 2010, it is questionable wether they'll get any more breathing room than this holiday!

There are obviously still plenty of games to look forward to but my purchase list has been more than halfed.

Damn I'm pissed.

Around the Network

Well at least they won't be competing with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PS3 now.
But yeah I kind of agree, the game won't have an easier competition at the new release date.

I'm still not worried for the holydays though, still more title releasing on PS3 that I will have time to play ( Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Demon's Souls, Dragon Age : Origins, MW2, New R&C, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2,...)

And I forgot to list StarCraft 2 on PC which is going to consume a decent amount of my time provided it does release these holydays ( that is not certain, it's Blizzard, I woudn't put it past them to release the game in February because it isn't ready for holydays).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

As long as dragon age comes out, I'm happy :)

I'm glad there are so many game delays this holiday because I didn't have the money for all the games I wanted to play and I still don't.

From now till 2010, there's still Halo: OSDT, Dragon Age, Forza 3, Splinter Cell, Shadow Complex, MW2, AC2, Brutal Legend, Batman, Split Second, Dante's Inferno + GTAIV DLC, Fallout DLC, Mass Effect DLC....for me, at least, that's still too many games I want to play the rest of the year (13 games!).

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

They're missing out on all of those extra holiday sales, but it's better for us if they push back their games until they're 100% finished.

Around the Network

@tedsteriscool: most of these are ARE finished, they're getting delay due to 'fear' that the holiday season will prove too much and the game will underperform, and are now flooding q1 2010 with games....

White Knight Chronicles ... that one hurt... honestly..

One thing: God of War III was never announced or planned for 2009- in fact, most people have been predicting March 2010 for a LOONG time (over a year).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

DjFlex53 said:
I'm glad there are so many game delays this holiday because I didn't have the money for all the games I wanted to play and I still don't.

From now till 2010, there's still Halo: OSDT, Dragon Age, Forza 3, Splinter Cell, Shadow Complex, MW2, AC2, Brutal Legend, Batman, Split Second, Dante's Inferno + GTAIV DLC, Fallout DLC, Mass Effect DLC....for me, at least, that's still too many games I want to play the rest of the year (13 games!).

Dante's Inferno and Split Second are 2010 titles now, and Mass Effect DLC isn't confirmed for 2009.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gergroy said:
As long as dragon age comes out, I'm happy :)

What he said!