By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games in your collection you've barely touched but plan to at some point

It has come to my attention that I have a large back catalogue of games I need to get to. 

So yeah, simple question-- what games do you have that you bought but just didn't play or put down for some reason and plan to eventually get back to?  Lets keep this to games you actually own and games that are somewhat recent, meaning from this gen or the last gen (GC, Xbox, and PS2).

• Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door (GC)
    • It was like $15 new and heard it was awesome.  Still haven't even unwrapped it yet.
  • A Vampyre Story (PC)
    • I love point and click adventures, just haven't had the time to sit down and play it.  I was going to start it but then the computer I was going to install it on doesn't have a DVD-Rom.
  • Beyond Good and Evil (PC)
    • Only heard good things about it.  One of these days I'll get to it
  • Limbo of the Lost (PC)
    • I just have to experience the horribleness.  I played it for about an hour, it was torture, but I still want to get farther.
  • King's Bounty (PC)
    • Got it for free, might as well play it.
  • The Witcher (PC)
    • Got it for free, might as well play it.
  • God of War II (PS2)
    • I didn't like God of War but it was also $15 new so picked it up and never even unwrapped it.
  • Dead Space (PS3)
    • Played an hour or so, loved it, and then never got back around to playing.
  • Killzone 2 (PS3)
    • Played about 20 minutes, got two game stopping bugs, and just don't have the time to deal with that now.  I'll get to it again eventually.
  • Resistance 2 (PS3)
    • Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • de Blob (Wii)
    • Picked it up because I heard good things about it, haven't even unwrapped it yet.
  • Madworld (Wii)
    • Played the tutorial and loved it, just haven't had the time to get further.
  • Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Wii)
    • Saw it for $10, heard it was fun, haven't even opened it yet.
  • Sam & Max: Season One (Wii)
    • Got it for Christmas, haven't even opened it yet.
  • Alone in the Dark (360)
    • On loan from work, get an error about 90% of the time I try to start it
  • Call of Duty 4 (360)
    • Got it really cheap, I'll get to it eventually
  • Fallout 3 (360)
    • Started it and then got sucked into Fable II
  • Lost Oddyssy (360)
    • Started it, got really pissed off at something, and put it down.  I'll start it again at some point.
  • Saints Row 2 (360)
    • Started it, liked it, still haven't gotten around to it.
  • Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Xbox)
    • Got a few hours into it and really liked it, just ran out of time.

Yeah, I'm terrible about putting down games and then forgetting to get back to them.

Around the Network

I have Fallout 3 lol
I have played it possibly 2 times?

A few PSP JRPG's, some X360 games since i've been all Star Ocean, and even a few PS2 games. OH DAMN and Valkryia Chronicles, after i got Star Ocean 4 i forgot all about it.

Oh, geez. There are probably two hundred. It would take me all day to compile a list.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
Oh, geez. There are probably two hundred. It would probably take me all day to compile a list.

That's why I'm calling for games you actually own andI guess I can add the recent part (last gen and this gen) since I forgot to do that.

Around the Network

There are a lot i have bought but never even thought about playin them lol

ooo i like this idea cause im swamped with them.

I have bought every single Onimusha game (exluding the fighting game) and havn't touched a single one except Dawn of Dreams because of the co-op. I realllly want to play them....but so many games are coming out lately.

I got about half-way through valkyria chronicles, but decided to stop because lately i have become trophy whore and am hoping they get implemented with the DLC coming out.

I quit playing little big planet cause there are just so many games out as well and feel it's more of a party game and will get around to it when friends come over.

I have yet to beat Xenosaga III as whenever i play a game i force myself to play every game in the series in order, and well.....xenosaga pretty damn big as i can never find it in myself to skip a cutscene.

I really want to play the .hack GU series but alas....no time yet again. I really am amazed how many good games are coming out lately...

Final Fantasy XII......I really like the game despsite what everyone else says but i always quit like 2 hours towards the ending...It's like something triggers in my brain saying " oh no don't let the game be over :(

I have completely done dark cloud 2 but, I always want to go back to it. I will plug it in again when Dark Cloud 3 is close to coming out ( was it even announced? )

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

"Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door (GC)"

Boo - must play! My fav game from last gen.

I have a few unplayed games on my shelf. WiiMusic, SmashBros, Tomb Raider (got part of the way, game broke my savegame, ...), and probably some more...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

-Battle Realms (PC),
got it for birthday, never really played it much and don't have plans
-Civilization 3 (PC),
2 was awesome so I bought 3 and it sucks.
-Empire Earth (PC),
bought it when it was like 5€, but it wasn't as fun as it looked like
-Warhammer Mark of Chaos (PC),
I like this one, but couldn't/still can't play with my lame PC.
-Chrono Cross (PS1),
Only working TV atm doesn't support NTSC signal and I don't want to play it in black and white.
-Valkyria Chronicles (PS3),
Kinda... I played it, at my friends place and also watched the walkthrough. I don't own a PS3 myself though.

And thats about it.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

twesterm said:
GooseGaws said:
Oh, geez. There are probably two hundred. It would probably take me all day to compile a list.

That's why I'm calling for games you actually own andI guess I can add the recent part (last gen and this gen) since I forgot to do that.

Well... even with your added conditions, my answer remains the same...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.