By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does the 360 have any real exclusives?

A very popular thing I hear is that once you take away all the shared games between 360 and PC, you're basically left with zilch. Nada. All the best are shared exclusives. Anything worthwhile to play on the 360 can be bought on the PC. I see a lot of misconception, especially from fans of a certain other console and from people saying PS3/PC is the way to go. So I took it up to see if this were true. Here are the findings, no spin required.

Rules: All games are exclusive to a single platform. No other port, even if on the console maker's own platforms or services will count. That means no PSP, PS2 or PC. The only exceptions made will be games in the arcade can still count towards a console, and games where the difference in experience makes them entirely different games that are connected in name only(i.e DS and Wireless ports).

Rules: All games have to have been released in either PAL or NTSC territories to count. No JPN exclusives or games that haven't been localized yet. No games close to release will count but can be added in once they do release to keep this current.

Rules: Any game that is exclusive but is announced to go to another platform will be highlighted in blue.

To exemplify whether the 360 does have an acceptable amount of "real" exclusives, it will be directly compared to it's nearest rival, the Playstation 3. Here goes. They will be seperated into sections based on their Metacritic rating for those that care about this stuff. After all, this is being done for you.

360 and PS3 Retail Exclusives (Launches-January 31st 2008)

90+ Metacritic

360 PS3
Halo 3 LittleBigPlanet
Gears of War 2 Metal Gear Solid 4
Forza Motorsport 2
Total=3 Total=2

80+ Metacritic

360 PS3
Fable II Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Project Gotham Racing 3 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Dead or Alive 4 Valkyria Chronicles
Dead Rising Resistance 2
Project Gotham Racing 4 Resistance: Fall of Man
Crackdown Warhawk
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise Motorstorm
Saints Row SingStar
Perfect Dark Zero Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Ninja Gaiden II Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Tales of Vesperia Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Moto GP 06 Buzz! Quiz TV
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Total=14 Total=12

70+ Metacritic

360 PS3
Kameo: Elements of Power Heavenly Sword
Blue Dragon Ridge Racer 7
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja SingStar Vol. 2
Lost Odyssey The Eye of Judgement
Culdcept Saga Folklore
Scene It! Box Office Smash Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Ridge Racer 6
Dance Dance Revolution Universe
Beautiful Katamari
Scene It! Lights, Camera, Action
Amped 3
Chromehounds
Lips
Full Auto
The Outfit
Total=16 Total=7

60+ Metacritic

360 PS3
Earth Defense Force 2017 SingStar Vol. 3
Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade SOCOM: Confrontation
Infinite Undiscovery Time Crisis 4
Too Human
The Last Remnant
Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3
Project Sylpheed: Arc of Deception
Rumble Roses XX
Ninety-Nine Nights
Total=10 Total=3

50+ Metacritic

360 PS3
WarTech: Senko no Ronde Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Spectral Force 3 Genji: Days of the Blade
Tenchu Z Haze
Viva Pinata: Party Animals Lair
Guilty Gear 2: Overture
Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
You're In the Movies
Bullet Witch
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Tetris Evolution
Total=11 Total=4

49 and Below Metacritic(Shovelware)

360 PS3
Over G Fighters Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Operation Darkness
Zoids Assault
America's Army: True Soldiers
Kengo: Legend of the 9
Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon
Bomberman: Act Zero
Total=8 Total=1

Results:

360=62 Exclusives
PS3=29 Exclusives

Coming Soon:

• Breakdown of exclusives by year
  • XBLA vs. PSN exclusives
  • Exclusive percentage of total library
  • Suggest something. If it's worthwhile I'll try to add it!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

You're including arcade games right? What about braid?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Halo 3, GeOW 2 come to mind straight away but when people say games like ME are exclusive, well that's just stupid. PC is a gaming system, it is so super awesome though people just do not want to compare it to consoles.

PC GAMING FTW!

"as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced"

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

jesus kung fu magic said:

As funny as this is, I'm not including Arcade games. I wanted to make this as unbiased as possible so no one could come in here putting this in a negative light. A lot of people don't think they should count, so I'm giving them their own section later and everyone will see which console has more exclusives in that area also. What I've done is to use fair criteria, but all of which cannot realistically be disputed. XBLA has always been known as a huge 360 advantage but retail games have not for some reason. This is correcting that misconception.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

missing a Viva Pinata game

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
missing a Viva Pinata game

If you mean the original, it came out on PC also. I do have the sequel and the party game spinoff however. Thanks for the effort though. Let's try to make sure this is as accurate as possible.

Thanks for clearing it up, Onyx. Pretty damning against the PC/X360 no exclusives argument.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

wasn't top spin 2 released for the pc?

Onyxmeth said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

As funny as this is, I'm not including Arcade games. I wanted to make this as unbiased as possible so no one could come in here putting this in a negative light. A lot of people don't think they should count, so I'm giving them their own section later and everyone will see which console has more exclusives in that area also. What I've done is to use fair criteria, but all of which cannot realistically be disputed. XBLA has always been known as a huge 360 advantage but retail games have not for some reason. This is correcting that misconception.

Something tells me you wouldn't have made this thread in this particular way if it favoured the PS3 , but you can cling on to the impartiality card if you want.