By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii no longer makes sounds :'( Looks like it needs repairs... *sigh*

Maybe you just need new cables...or it's your TV.

Around the Network

Oh that sucks soriku cought No it doesn't in your face muhahaha cought,I hope everything will be solve as soon as possible.

You might just have to get new cords for your Wii to the TV, the sound cord is probably just torn.

Old Brawl code..ask for my new one..

Both sound channels? Possible, but not likely.

Check with the RCA cables that came with the system, assuming you normally use component cables.

Then check input through a different set of inputs on your TV.

Then check input through a different TV.

That should cover all the variables other than your console being broken.

Kick it very hard. It works every time.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

You have to send it in for repairs, huh? Wouldn't it be funny if KH3 came out for the wii tomorrow, and it was still getting repaired. It would be very entertaining to see your reaction.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Soriku said:
Wait...I kinda "pushed" (I didn't even feel anything get pushed O_o) something from this black box where I plug my wires in and now there's sound again...lolz :D

But the fact it sometimes doesn't read discs is a problem :3

Which discs? Brawl? It's dual-layered, which means you need your laser cleaned. If you want, there is a disc you put in it that can clean it for you (Not official, but was  officially made for PC's and I have heard it works fine w/ Wii's)

check your tv? or get new i dunno! call nintendo!

Soriku said:
Wait...I kinda "pushed" (I didn't even feel anything get pushed O_o) something from this black box where I plug my wires in and now there's sound again...lolz :D

But the fact it sometimes doesn't read discs is a problem :3

Disc read problems don't seem to be uncommon. I've had a few when I was playing NMH and I've had many while using Wii Fit, particularly when going from body test to exercise mode when it stops using Wii Fit Channel and starts reading data off the game disc.

It requires an eject, a hard restart/power off to reset.

Haven't had any disc read errors with Brawl, but then again I've only played the game twice. Not quite the game most were making it out to be.

iatleast you can still play games :'(

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"