By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo floods the market with Wii?

Consumer woes finally over?

I was picking up an extra PS3 controller from our local Media Markt store today, I noticed the gaming section was overflooded by Nintendo Wiis! Must have been about 300 or so units (edit: estimate!). For comparison they had about 8 PS3s left in stock. Only the PS2 stock could measure up a little, with about 150-200 units in stock it seemed, but those boxes are smaller, so took less space.

Update:

This thread is not meant to demonstrate the Wii is selling badly. It is meant to show the Wii is widely in stock in my city, nothing more and nothing less.

Pictures Media Markt, 2nd July 2008:

Media Markt:

More pictures Media Markt, 3rd July 2008:

Corner stack:

Same stack different angle:

Wii Display setup:

P.S. The Wii is well in stock at nextdoor Toys'R'Us as well. At Bart Smit, Intertoys, Dixons and dedicated game shops Nedgame and DimensionPlus. For more pictures seek through this thread.

Toys 'R' Us (located right next to Media Markt here in Groningen:

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I haven't seem that many Wii systems, but it does appear that Nintendo has been increasing supply and demand is slightly lower (because of the seasonal slowdown) ...

huh that would be crazy and if they did flood the market it would equal out to huge sales

Which Mediamarkt???? but no.. I noticed that Media Markt frequently get big supplies (like Wii Fit) and within a few days it's sold out.. so don't worry they will be sold...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

just seeing it once doesn't mean anything. If you go back the next day and it's still there then that means something. If you go back 3 days after that and there is still stacks then you can say that the supply constrain is nearing its end.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

I was at my mediamarkt today, and i saw no wii's and stacks of ps3's and xbox360's.

clearly this is only in your town. Tell me, where exactly can i find imaginationland?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

yeah i noticed it 2 how many wiifit did they have?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

NiKKoM said:
Which Mediamarkt???? but no.. I noticed that Media Markt frequently get big supplies (like Wii Fit) and within a few days it's sold out.. so don't worry they will be sold...

Here in Groningen. I may take some pictures to show some proof for fanboys.

Are you guys interested?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

kirby007 said:
yeah i noticed it 2 how many wiifit did they have?

Lots, but they had far more Wiis.

PS3 vs 360 sales

i believe you , it is not a real strange thing to see anymore

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.