By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Everybody's Golf 5 Pre-orders Japan - 300k

According to SCE game is already at 300k pre-ordered units tag.

http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/ 

Probably it's retailer pre-order. I found this info on sinobi.ameblo.jp and there is an option that I've screwed something so I'd like to ask y-koron or other Japanese member for confirmation.

Around the Network

it doesnt matter according to alot of people... this game isnt capable of 300k pre orders... especially not in japan

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I saw another site saying they were pre-orders, but someone 'assuradley' cleared it up saying it was, in fact, retailers.

Bonafide732 said:
it doesnt matter according to alot of people... this game isnt capable of 300k pre orders... especially not in japan

It is, especially in Japan.

Even if this is a number for retailers it's 50k more than DQ: Swords for Wii. I have very high expectation regards this game.

so 300k shipment first week ?

should have made a Golf bundle.

Around the Network
kber81 said:
Bonafide732 said:

It is, especially in Japan.

He was being sarcastic, because of another thread.

DonWii said:

kber81 said:
DonWii said:

Does that mean you were being saracastic about the sarcasm or that you understand...

DonWii said:
kber81 said:
DonWii said:

Does that mean you were being saracastic about the sarcasm or that you understand...

Haha, I meant I finnaly understand it I missed the topic...

Looking at the article, it's unclear if it is retailer orders or pre-orders. Either way, it is a good first run.

The article says something like "for a series that normally sells a million in Japan, the number of orders seems little, but the biggest selling title in Japan for the PS3 right now is Gundam Musou with 290,000 units, so 300k is good."

Pre-order numbers haven't exactly been on the money lately. First were reports that God of War 2 had over a million pre-orders, but it "only" sold about 800,000 in it's first week (I say "only" with quotes because 800k is still huge). Then the story about 4 million pre-orders for Halo 3.

So, I'd say, there's a good chance this will sell between 200k-300k in it's first week, which would be fantastic for the PS3, and it would become the fastest selling PS3 game in Japan.

July is still a ways off, so if we don't hear of the pre-orders going above 300k, then maybe it was retailer orders.