By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Official VGchartz Fantasy Football 2008

I didnt see any other topics on this, so ignore this if there is. Anyway Im interested in making our own Fantasy football league for the upcoming season. Ill be the commissioner. But before we get started I need a few questions answered.

1. What do you think the size should be? Ive been in 12 team leagues and I dont know how hectic or crazy anything larger would be. This really depends on the amount of people that want to do it though. We could possibly even make two leagues if we have that many people want ot join in.

2. Should we use Yahoo or NFL.com. Ive only been playing on Yahoo and have some experience with it but if anyone with more experience prefers nfl.com's then we can try that.

Anyhow, here are the DEFAULT settings for what I want. Please give any info and suggestions.

Scoring: 

Passing Attempts (.1)
Completions (.2)
Passing Yards (25 yards per point; 10 points at 475 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Attempts (.2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 10 points at 250 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (.5)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 10 points at 200 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (2)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3.5)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4.5)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (3)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Roster: QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

(Im open to cutting this down depending on how many players we get)

Playoffs: Weeks 15,16,17

Etc: No max trades/moves, no waivers, commisioner approves trades (to make sure there are no shady business)

What do you all think? Please post if you are interested and TELL ME IF YOU WANT TO SIGN UP so I can get everything set up.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

join Mr Stickball's Goal Line Blitz team if you're interested in Football. just give him a PM and he will recruit you

I am already a part of that. That is nothin but an online "game" of football. This is fantasy football.

what's your username? And kind of ironic that you're saying that GLB is a football "game" and fantasy football is um... any less of a game.

On there Im Clyde Frog (LB) I dont mess with it much though cause its really boring. Fantasy football adds excitement to watching football during the season though when I really dont care about most teams.

Around the Network

its funner when you have a hand in being a GM or making game plans. Being just a guy on a roster with no duties does kind of suck

i'm in ....I recommend using nfl.com or espn.com fantasy football its alot better from my experience then yahoo ect. just pm me the league details when your ready.
I made the NFL thread found here was gonna make a ff league : http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=24584 ,but its kind of dead since after the draft and mini camp right now.

i'll join and i would say to go with the espn.com league i didn't really like the yahoo one. As far as size goes, it really depends on how many people are going to join.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

Ok Ill set up an espn.com one soon and give you all a link to join the league. The default specifics will be generally what I put above. Teams will probaby be between 10,12 or maybe even 16 depending on how many people we have willing to play.

So far: 3 interested (i dont know if That Guy is interested)

Bursche said:
Ok Ill set up an espn.com one soon and give you all a link to join the league. The default specifics will be generally what I put above. Teams will probaby be between 10,12 or maybe even 16 depending on how many people we have willing to play.

So far: 3 interested (i dont know if That Guy is interested)

What Guy?  dont set anything up yet, you should wait til more people respond and let them vote for which site it should be done on. Plus you gotta ask about when the draft date and time will be. I think it should be on a Sunday around 8 p.m. eastern time. Which Sunday? not sure but one that is close to when the season starts, which by then most people would have already forgot about this.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing: