By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Reviews

So first of all, i know I don't like microsoft. But, I am shocked that Ninja Gaiden is not getting very good reviews. I liked the PS3 version of the last game, other than it being ridiculously hard.

Anybody else suprised its avg low 8s so far (according to N4G...look at the meta score at the bottom http://n4g.com/xbox360/News-149464.aspx).

I am pretty sure the last one avged 90+

Around the Network

The only reasoning I can come up with is that reviewers are more dissapointed in the short comings of the game, because they are more on the technical side, and they are the same shortcomings the franchise has always been railed for. Having shoddy cameras after that was the big complaint in the first game was probably a disappointment.

That's just a half-baked theory though, so take it as you will.

Bad camera. Simply put, the camera in Ninja Gaiden doesn't help you at all, and I swear it does it's best to hide at least one enemy from your view. Sure a low and tight camera makes all the moves look cool and pretty, but trying to fight off more than 1 ninja at a time is a freaking pain. A high and distant camera is really needed to reduce camera frustrations during combat.

im thinking he reviews for this game will be mixed like the assassin creed reviews

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I really question the intelligence of releasing this title one week before MGS4. I would have purchased the game but with MGS4 coming shortly after it, I'll hold off and probably rent NG in a few months.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

^but thats mostly a problem for people that own both consoles,so it wont really matter thar much cause there are more 360's sold

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

In the words of starcraft "this is a mediocre game that just did not live up to the hype. AAA titles are the only ones worth purchasing, so I will skip this one."

PooperScooper said:
In the words of starcraft "this is a mediocre game that just did not live up to the hype. AAA titles are the only ones worth purchasing, so I will skip this one."

Did starcraft really say that? Or did you make that up?  Link?

I think a lot of people are disappointed that its not getting extremely high reviews, but it seems like fans of the series will still get something out of it. 

He most likely said that about some PS3 game Blue, and it's being thrown in his face via Pooper here. At least that's what I'm assuming, I don't know what game he said that about, but I'm fairly sure I read that on some other thread.

blue-lady said:
PooperScooper said:

Did starcraft really say that? Or did you make that up?  Link?

I think a lot of people are disappointed that its not getting extremely high reviews, but it seems like fans of the series will still get something out of it. 

Well since you only have 17 posts I'm going to assume you don't know the users that well (unless you are a dupe account) but you have to realize the irony of starcraft putting so much faith on the AAA status and the '08 360 line up to understand why I quote him like that.

Seriously, he makes it seem like if a game doesnt recieve 90+ on gamerankings then its crap and shouldn't be looked at twice.