By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii refuses to read discs =/ I think it's broken... :(

Repairs are usually free, especially at this point in warranty.

An SD card can be bought for like ~$5. Its easier and simpler to do that and transfer saves. Likely they'll transfer data for you.

You call them, they send you a replacement wii for you to play in the interim, you ship it back in the box you get with it, they fix it and send it back and you return the replacement wii.

Around the Network

Are you putting the disc IN the right way?

The part of the disc with the title and shiny pictures faces the RIGHT of the Wii.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Go to Nintendo's website. Here's a link to the page I think you want. The instructions are there. As long as your Wii is still under warrenty, it'll be free.

I hear the process is pretty pain free and quick.

"I have never "roughed" my Wii." You could have worded that so much better.

"I think it may have been just defective." That's what she said.

Soriku said:
@darconi

Where can I buy a $5 SD card? O_o All the ones I see are like $40 lol. And free? Really? And I send it in with the box I bought it with right?

@dtewi

lol...I think I know how to insert the disc :P

Well, not really $5 but here

For the record, I don't think SD card of the size of 4GB works...  I think 2GB is the max size that the Wii supports...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

A friend's wii stopped working when we played once... then again it was chipped so....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

lolpwned

I'm sorry to hear that, hope they repair and free.

And i'm sorry but i don't think you will find any 5$ SD cards :P

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

not sure about price, i think it varies depending on what's wrong with it. but it will be very fast. Mine went down, and I had it back in less than two weeks.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Haha, that's so funny, your Wii is broke'd.    lulz!!!

It's out of warranty?

hrm...

Well call Nintendo.  Apparently they really have the best customer service.  I know someone who has a Wii and they flung the Wii-mote into their TV, breaking it, and Ninty reimbursed them for the cost of repair, I don't know how true that is, but if it is, they'll most likely repair your Wii, free of cost.  

Hope that helps.

SOriku you could get 3 more months of warranty if you register your wii on nintendos website.

I sent mine in and got it returned in 5 days. I think mine still had warranty so all I had to pay for was shipping (Mom didn't wanna drive to FedEx) that was $6.50. If its no longer under warranty, it won't cost that much I don't think. As for sending it in, you just give them the Wii console, no controllers or anything. If you talk to customer service, they'll explain the shipping process. But if you don't understand it, PM me and I'll explain some more. Try saving you data on an SD Card ($30 if you don't have one) because the Data might be lost in repair, however when I sent my Wii in, no data was released.
TIP: Make sure you know all your VC purchases as well. Reimbursement will happen if they lose those games.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."