By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has outsold Wii U 3:1!

Tagged games:

I just noticed on the totals that ps4 has no outsold the Wii U 3:1 and it's not far off double the X1. Pretty mind boggling dominance so early in the gen. 

Around the Network

Makes me sad that so few people got to experience the Wii U (still my favored console of it and the PS4), but I suppose Nintendo is largely to blame for that.

I suspect down the road the Wii U will be looked back on favorably like the Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast and so forth, and it will probably be pretty darn expensive given how few got it.

Johnw1104 said:
Makes me sad that so few people got to experience the Wii U (still my favored console of it and the PS4), but I suppose Nintendo is largely to blame for that.

I suspect down the road the Wii U will be looked back on favorably like the Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast and so forth, and it will probably be pretty darn expensive given how few got it.

I have buy WiiU for : Xenoblade, Zelda, tokyo mirage session...

At end zelda comming to NX and mirage session still not out and we know already WiiU is dead. its sad, because i lost all my trust to nintendo, and wont buy NX before a few years just incase now...

On other case i have over 28 Ps4 games (without digital)

Sony havent done anything to deserve these sales, just people who are not really gamers bought the system, i know a bunch of people at work who bought them and only play the popular games mainly just fifa these are the types of people who own PS4's, they make commercials that seem cool with no gameplay in them and present there games like a movie and cheesy slogan "this is for the gamers" they live off there name and thats it.

MegaDrive08 said:

Sony havent done anything to deserve these sales, just people who are not really gamers bought the system, i know a bunch of people at work who bought them and only play the popular games mainly just fifa these are the types of people who own PS4's, they make commercials that seem cool with no gameplay in them and present there games like a movie and cheesy slogan "this is for the gamers" they live off there name and thats it.

They live off the best games and developers, Rockstar, Bioware, Naughtydog, Insomniac, EA, Activison, Ubisoft. They created hardware that is better than the competition and made it the best console to experience the vast majority of games while supplying exclusives of a high quality.

This is a dumb post and saying that people buying a ps4 are "not really gamers" is the dumbest statement I've ever seen.

Around the Network

Great achievement for console with the single worthwhile exclusive game. At least sales are good.

MegaDrive08 said:

A gamer is anyone that plays games, whether is a casual, a hardcore or anything in between.

And the PS4 has done the more sensible thing by not trying to be more than a home console. The XBone tried to be an all-in-one box with Kinect integration and the WiiU had the gamepad, and both of those thing hindered their sales a lot. The only reason I see to be angry at the PS4 is its forced fee for online multiplayer (when the PS3 was free). Other than that, keeping it simple was PS4's greatest strenght.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Barkley said:
MegaDrive08 said:

They live off the best games and developers, Rockstar, Bioware, Naughtydog, Insomniac, EA, Activison, Ubisoft. They created hardware that is better than the competition and made it the best console to experience the vast majority of games while supplying exclusives of a high quality.

This is a dumb post and saying that people buying a ps4 are "not really gamers" is the dumbest statement I've ever seen.

Oh bite much, resorting to insults ;)

MegaDrive08 said:

They didn't try to screw the consumer.

The sales we are seeing now are reward for that one E3 showing where we won against anti-consumer bullshit being put on the industry by Microsoft.

Snowball effect. Word of mouth is king, content is king.

MegaDrive08 said:

Oh bite much, resorting to insults ;)

Didn't insult you at all, my words were in reference to your post not you, but as that's all you have to say to my post I guess you know how dumb your post was unless your post was just made as bait, and with your response that seems quite likely.