By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Users (And ioi), who thinks this would be a nice addition to our site?

Or (With no lines)

I was thinking something like this. A graph detailing the sucess, and the failures of each console munufacturer over the years. When you would scroll over each dot, it would give you the full name of that console, it's total sales (So far in some cases...) and would tell the dates from when it was released, to when it stopped selling. It would include not just the japan data for consoles before the PS2, and you would only be able to view three company's console sets at a time(I know I have four).

It would also be nice If there was data for Atari on this Graph. Thanks for reading:)

What does everybody think? (I decided to ask this because of the recent updates to the site.)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

why are there lines drawn between each iteration of consoles? it makes no sense to have that, other than misleading users.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

^ If you think so, I'll fix it...
Give me a minute...

Because lines help show the progression of the sales totals? How do they mislead users?

Now I have Both! :)

Around the Network

I like it. What' also great is you can see how each generation is way bigger than the last. Genesis went up higher than SNES went down. PS1 skyrocketed higher than N64 and Saturn went down. PS2 went up, DC wentslightly up, GC went down, and XB appeared out of nowhere, so the totals went even higher. This gen hasn't seen nothing yet, but the Wii is still exploding harder every day and the PS3 is slowly trying to pull its head out of its ass. I'm thinking Wii outsells PS2, and both the 360 and PS3 outsell the old XB and maybe even the N64, for ridiculous growth this generation. Profit-wise, everybody wins but Sony. I like this chart. I like charts. I lovechartZ.

I like the lines better. I think it's a cool idea. It would be cool if Atari, Intellivision, etc were included as well.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

A over laping bar graph I think would be better.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Lines make it easier to read, dont like the lineless one, it looks like scattered points

Maybe there could be an option to view it with lines or no lines?