By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its over for the 360

Since now it seems that the PS3 is beating the xbox 360 in sales in America I think the 360 is done for.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

relax bro...its just a week...naturally there would be a spike after hd-dvd died....but long term? we'll see

^ even if the PS3 didnt outsell the 360 in America it still outsold the 360 worldwide for over 10 weeks now. The 360 is hurting at the moment but its not "finished" like roadkillers said.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

define over? It's still selling much better in all regions than the first xbox at this stage in the game and it still has much more room for a price drop and way more great games on the way.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Who knows, MS could just be lying in wait to drop a $199/279/349 price point right before GTA IV hits.

Way too much up in the air to declare much of anything right now. A lot rides on how Sony and MS deal with GTA IV.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
^ even if the PS3 didnt outsell the 360 in America it still outsold the 360 worldwide for over 10 weeks now. The 360 is hurting at the moment but its not "finished" like roadkillers said.

how much has it sold more than 360 in those 10 weeks? It still has another 7mil to go

If this does not translate into great games, it's meaningless. I don't care what numbers the PS3 does. I'm more worried about games, and the 360's lineup is still far better than the PS3's.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I suspect a price drop with a GTA 4 bundle.

I expect the Xbox 360 to be $179.99 very soon, and the bundled 360 to be $299.99

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

seeming 360 is having shortages in the US i'd hardly call it over

was it over for PS3 all the time 360 was outselling it?

360 sells more software than PS3 is that not the number that counts to the industry as a whole, so I guess its over for PS3.

tabsina said:
ssj12 said:

how much has it sold more than 360 in those 10 weeks? It still has another 7mil to go

The gap used to be just over 9 million last november, not its just below 7 million. The ps3 is catching up, microsoft will need something to stop this.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M