By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 owners...if you could choose only one or the other..

The competition is between Splinter Cell Conviction and Alan Wake...you can only pick one and you´d never have the chance to play the other...which one would be your choice?

I´m guessing most will say Alan Wake, but we´ll see.

Around the Network

Out of those two I would say Alan Wake

I plan og getting both, as they are on pre-order, but if I had a only one to get, it would be Alan Wake...the game but it's a close call.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Splinter Cell is a proven franchise and I know what to expect. Alan Wake is given the benefit of the doubt.

I'm going with Splinter Cell. A man knows where he stands with Sam Fisher.

I'm on the fence on both... but I would say Alan Wake? Mostly because I'm a writer myself and the storyline interests me.

Around the Network

lewis.. I heard, though, that Conviction is a reboot for the series (apparently for the better), so maybe the 'proven franchise' thing may not really work here...though, like I said, it´s apparently a reboot for the better, so I guess all´s well :)

Most people will definitely say Alan Wake. I've never been a fan of Splinter Cell and Alan Wake is a new IP.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

why u torture me with that question?
Splinter cell if i have no choice

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

I have a feeling that Alan Wake will be the majority here at VGC, and if I had to choose one I would choose it as well. I do think Splinter Cell Conviction will end up selling more in the long run though.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

I'd go with Alan Wake. It seems like the more unique game of the two.