By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Publisher is SEGA!

Release will be this summer!

NOTE: Videos, links, and more info on page 2 or if your profile is set to be fewer posts then 50 per page it's post 50  Link: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=41016&start=50

Well I'm making this thread cause there seems to be a severe lack of knowledge on the game in general, so I decided to make something that can inform everyone on it, mostly those that blindly hype the game and those that blindly hate the game, and/or misinformed.

For starters the biggest mistake is that people think The Conduit is struggling to get a publisher, it's just not true, they had plenty of publishers knocking on their door as soon as they released information and pictures of the game on IGN, it's by design that they did this, they have full funding to complete the game and do not need a publisher to do that, and so there is no doubt this game is coming out.  The fact is they've waited so long because they want a publisher that understands their wants and needs and will compliment their interests, they're going to announce the publisher in the coming weeks so we'll all know this info when it hits. (It will be on IGN first so check there if you want to see it first)

Second is the funtionality of the game, it's still not confirmed on Wii Motion +, Wii Speak, and LAN play.  The facts on all those are that they're really interested in Wii Speak and will do their best to put it in the game when they get their Wii Speak development kits, it's highly likely this will make it into the game but still can't treat it as true.  Wii Motion + is not official either, they're going to see if it fits into the game with any of the actions or weapons in the game, if it doesn't fit the game they're not going to try to tack it on (very nobel on their part) and they'll just not use it.  LAN is being worked on it's an up and running mode already, they've got a max of 13 people playing at once with it but shooting for 16, but this mode is not confirmed because they have to clear it with Nintendo first, but there's no real reason for Nintendo not to let them.  There is online play and it will be at least 16 players, they're trying to get 32 in the end, but if it just doesn't work it'll be 16.

Other things with people not understanding why some others are really behind this game as it looks like "just another generic shooter".  The big deal with this game is people really like the controls being fully customizable from the button layout to the bounding box that controls how far off center you have to be to start turning and even the speed that you turn/aim/run/walk, the head's up display is also fully customizable, and the fact that it takes so much insparation from Half-Life that is far from a generic shooter. The controls that are so hyped on can can be summed up in this quote from Matt at IGN "You can see it in the way the reticule moves smoothly around the screen and you can see it when Corso makes a sharp turn and the screen flows quickly and fluidly to the right. The clunky, mechanical control that you endure in so many console-based first-person shooters is absent from The Conduit. Rather, it simulates the spectacular responsiveness found in Medal of Honor Heroes 2, a game that we celebrated almost entirely for its definable control setup." So basically what it's saying is you CAN NOT get those kind of controls with a normal two joystick controller, period.  Even DKII said himself that he really liked the game and wasn't that sure about it until he went hands on with it himself, and that's coming from someone who has nothing to gain from saying so.

The next point made against The Conduit is the fact that HVS hasn't proven itself as a developer because they made a few rather generic games, this my friends is the EXACT reason they didn't want to find a publisher right off the bat, HVS has a lot of ambitious ideas they want to put into a game, most of which a publisher would not just willingly go along with, and if they wanted to add something at the drop of a hat they can.  The publishers hindered them in the past, they've stated they've never truly made those games how they invisioned due to the publishers pushing them into making the games their way, don't blame them blame the publishers for that, also they can't be another Blizzard/Valve/Nintendo/Epic/Insomniac over night, they all got their start somewhere and typically it wasn't pretty, the big developers we love today had to get experienced, funding, and then make something they truly was proud of, HVS paid their dues and bit the bullet to make those sub par games so they could eventually make something they really would like to make.  They've got great ideas, with a great team, and they should be at least commended that they're trying to put all of that talent and work into a new game for a system that no other third parties have truly put their full effort into.

The last point against The Conduit is that people are saying the game doesn't look all that good.  There's a few reasons for this, for one the game is still PRE-ALPHA, that means the game is essentially there but no polish has been put on it, it's like saying tarnished jewelry doesn't look good, of course it doesn't cause it isn't POLISHED =P.  Two the game looks much better in motion, I know a lot of people have judged the game based completely on the images they've seen (which may or may not be early images at that which really did look sub par) but the videos look much better then the stills, but any game could be done that way, in stills you see the imperfections even in a 360/PS3 game, but the fact is that a lot of people at E3 mistook The Conduit for a 360 game until they saw it played with a Wii remote.  And finally if it's neither one of the above reasons it might just not be your style of game, which if it isn't big deal, not many people that are looking forward to the game need your comment that you don't like it, most already know and don't care.

I'll finish out with some images.  Videos and links moved to page 2 for organization and issues with page load time.

New images:

New images show AA and now far less jaggies that people can stop complaining about.  It does improve the overall look though.

Older Images:

New pictures with a bit more polish added to the graphics.

Doesn't look so hot but I'm showing off the ragdoll physics

If you got any more questions I'll be more then willing to shell out any answers I can dig up.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000