Nintendo Not Pulling Wii U Basic Bundle from Retailers - News
by William D'Angelo , posted on 06 June 2013 / 4,162 ViewsIt was reported earlier this week that GameStop is pulling all Wii U 8GB basic models from its shelves on June 18. All unsold 8GB basic models Wii U's will be shipped back to the distribution centers.
Nintendo of America's senior director of corporate communications Charlie Scibetta has spoke with Polygon about the reports. He says that Nintendo is not pulling the 8G model from store shelves. Nintendo is just looking to rebalance the stock of the 8GB models and the 32GB models.
"There is a current misperception about Wii U hardware," said Scibetta. "To clarify: Nintendo is working with its retail partners to simply rebalance the stock of the White 8GB and the Black 32GB Wii U models in the market. Consumers looking for either model will continue to find them available."
The Wii U's 8GB model sells for $299.99, while the 32GB model sells for $349.99 and comes bundled with a copy of Nintendo Land.
More Articles
I would guess that they are going away soon. Blacks will be $300, and a new Blue one that will come with Wind Waker and have 64GB will be out this fall for $350.
Dx
Just take the white one out, make the black $300, bundle it with Smash Bros and PROFIT!
It's selling so bad that in order to keep a balanced stock Nintendo is taking back consoles instead of just shipping out less....wow, Pikmin, hurry up!
Just give a $50 price cut to both models and then release the main IPs.







